avalanche run

Moderator: earthdevice

Re: avalanche run

Postby Somnambulance » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:28 am

askashrub wrote:
Somnambulance wrote:How are people powering their Avalanche Runs?

Did you snag one used?
Earthquaker includes a power supply.

It's 9V, but draws 425 mA.
Just a hair above the Pedal Power (that I fear you are using).

Bought a new one, and have a Trutone CS7 coming so I'll be able to power everything I have perfectly! (even 18v for the Volt Thrower! :D)
Listen, the WORLD is my board. All of the pedals are on it, just out of my reach..
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:02 am

It draws 425??? Good God! LOL!! I have mine plugged into a 100ma plug. Guess I'll switch it. Had no idea. hahaha
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Somnambulance » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:46 pm

Ya doood read the manual dork
Listen, the WORLD is my board. All of the pedals are on it, just out of my reach..
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

Postby werdnaragon » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:48 pm

I've been using my avalanche run for about two months now. I've read maybe only one review about there being excess noise in the delay signal. I've experienced this too, especially when using the feedback but what I'm wondering, is this due to the nature of the soft switches, or possibly power issues. I've used both the provided supply and a one spot. It's really only noticeable when pressing the feedback or switching the pedal on or off.
werdnaragon

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Jwar » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:52 pm

So question about the Avalanche Run. I find mine only bypasses signal when I put one side one side in one and the other in stereo. So say the input in mono, output in stereo. I'm using the include powersupply and everything. Why is this? When I don't do that, I have to engage the pedal to get any signal and it's only the effect signal.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:41 pm

Anyone? :( LOL

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Somnambulance » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:38 pm

jwar wrote:Anyone? :( LOL

I'm not really sure, did you read the manual? Sorry for such a lame question, but I think therein lies your answers.
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:28 pm

Well yes I did. Not many answers in there. Plus it's more like a sheet of paper than a manual. Lol

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:31 pm

Oh my good God I don't even want to fess up about how dumb I am!!

Problem solved. Fuck! hahahahahahahahaha

:picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby space6oy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:55 pm

wrong in?
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:23 pm

Yea lol lol

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby MannequinRaces » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:27 am

We've all been there at some point.
Quirky music for quirky people can be found at http://mannequinraces.bandcamp.com/!
elbandito wrote:I returned it a month later because drummers don't like to count
MannequinRaces

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby moogboy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:25 pm

I went back and forth on getting an Avalanche Run for months, and finally bought one last week (justification: I want a simple delay//reverb combo for one of the synths I'm using on an upcoming tour). I could not be happier. This pedal sounds so fucking good it's stupid.

Recorded this today using a Make Noise 0-Coast into Avalanche Run and looped. Added another delay and reverb to the looped signal in my eurorack modular, but the majority of what you end up hearing is a killer synth into this magical pedal

I play guitar and modular synthesizer in Juggable Offense.
juggableoffense.bandcamp.com
moogboy

committed
committed

Postby Chinosgod18 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:25 am

I have seen more than a few demos that just blew me away with this pedal. I am not much of a delay kind of guy while I happen to use it time to time. I am looking at the dispatch master before I upgrade to the Avalanche Run. Did anyone come across some cool things while they were demoing it for themselves maybe that you weren't suspecting? Just out of curiosity, I wanna see what people have to say for themselves
Chinosgod18

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Somnambulance » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:39 pm

Chinosgod18 wrote:I have seen more than a few demos that just blew me away with this pedal. I am not much of a delay kind of guy while I happen to use it time to time. I am looking at the dispatch master before I upgrade to the Avalanche Run. Did anyone come across some cool things while they were demoing it for themselves maybe that you weren't suspecting? Just out of curiosity, I wanna see what people have to say for themselves

It's a really nice pedal with a lot of functionality. It's basically a stereo, tap tempo Dispatch Master that has a few extras thrown in for some spicy weirdness. I went from an Afterneath to an Avalanche Run though, and I'm not as thrilled with the AR. It's good and nice but I don't utilize the functionality of it and it's not spicy weird enough for me.

That new Transmisser thoooo
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to EarthQuaker Devices