Hoof unity

Moderator: earthdevice

Hoof unity

Postby chorbanlives » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:41 pm

I recently purchased an EQD Hoof Fuzz and was wondering what most people set the level to for unity gain. Everything I'd heard/read before buying this pedal said that it was insanely loud and that I would probably want to dial the level back a bit. However, I've found that with the level at 12 o'clock the volume is probably about the same as my clean tone (maybe even a tad quieter). Is this normal?

I've watched various videos of people demoing the pedal with the level set to 12 and they seem to get an increase in volume when turning the pedal on. This is not the case for me and I'm just wondering if something may be wrong. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
chorbanlives

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: Hoof unity

Postby SquareWaveFuzz » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:51 am

Pedals react differently depending on the amp being used, how strong the output is of your pickups and other pedals being used.

But if unity's at noon, you've still got half of the pots sweep left, just turn it up a bit more.
D.o.S. wrote:What the fuck? You're fucking English how do you not like Pink Floyd? Disastrous dude, cultural depravity at its worst
SquareWaveFuzz

committed
committed

Return to EarthQuaker Devices