Disaster Transport Question

Moderator: earthdevice

Disaster Transport Question

Postby gusman2x » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:59 am

So i'm planning on picking up a delay this weekend, and although i had my heart set on a DMM XO, i'm maybe going to be swayed by a disaster transport.

Quick question though, does the DT only modulate the repeated notes (like a memory man) or does it modulate your dry signal as well?
gusman2x

involved
involved

Re: Disaster Transport Question

Postby Jero » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:06 pm

Repeats only. Bought one brand new when they came out and it have never left my board.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gusman2x » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Jero wrote:Repeats only. Bought one brand new when they came out and it have never left my board.

Cool, thanks man!

Have you played/owned a DMM too? I was kinda set on one, but now I think the DT might be a better option for me. Also helps that it's a little cheaper, and smaller too.
gusman2x

involved
involved

Postby Hyphen Nation » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:27 am

Right before I went on a delay pedal buying craze, I tried out a used DMM w/ Tap Tempo. It sounded great. At the time, it's price at $500 and the fact that it was in the smaller enclosure made me think it was probably surface mounted parts, and other EXH pedals built the same way tend to fail….

At this same session, I tried out a Lunar Echo, an Empress Tape Delay, Disaster Transport Sr, and an AD4096. I am probably in the minority, but I just didn't connect with the Empress.

The AD4096 came home with me, well because it sounds fucking awesome…I love this thing. A few days later I got a DT Sr because I loved the way the first delay bleeds into the second and the degree of modulation you have on it. It's bonkers. About a month later someone put a Lunar Echo at almost half new price up on B/S/T here, and I bought that too.

Oddly enough it exists right between the AD4096 and the DT SR. It's got some of the lo-fi, dark ton, self oscillating thing that the AD4096 has, and it has modulation, though not nearly as deep/fine tunable as the SR. I planned on selling what ever I didn't want to hold onto. Instead I found that I am selling other stuff, and am holding onto all three.

If you are after modulation, I think the SR has some of the best modulation out there. If you are into analog delay, with the ability to go lo-fi/tape sounding but still have some modulation, check out the Luna Echo.

This is a great demo of the lunar echo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PSZia4nAe0
and this one for the SR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CyX01Bo6ic
Hyphen Nation

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to EarthQuaker Devices