Tone Job EQ

Moderator: earthdevice

Tone Job EQ

Postby sixty4tw » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:02 pm

I recently got one of these to put at the very end of my chain and it is indeed sweet. The 3 bands are perfectly suited for guitar and anyone who has used a graphic EQ pedal will just love the improvement. Of course you cannot use it for utility EQ purposes such as eliminating cycle hum, etc. But it just sounds great and it has loads of boost (EQD says 6X) if needed. Like many good boost pedals and certain compressors, it just gives your tone some extra depth and character even with the settings flat.

I do a lot or recording and this really helps me get a track to sit just right in the mix. Great pedal and a more than fair price.
Carl Martin Classic Optical Envelope - VHT V-Drive - Walrus Audio Jupiter Fuzz - Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe - Carl Martin Classic Chorus - SolidgoldFX Apollo Phaser - Voodoo Lab Tremolo - SolidgoldFX Electroman Delay - Neunaber Technologies Stereo Wet Reverb - Earthquaker Devices Tone Job EQ
sixty4tw

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: Tone Job EQ

Postby rhargis14 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:08 am

Thanks for this!
I've been thinking about this pedal as my next guitar-related purchase. It seems like its nice and easy to get great sounds out of.
Courtney killed Kurt.
rhargis14

involved
involved

Postby rhargis14 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:37 pm

I finally got one of these bad boys the other day, and I absolutely love it!! I'm putting it after my HoofReaper but before my Talons at the moment to give the OD an extra push in gain, kind of like a "more" switch. I can't wait to bring this to band practice to really make my guitar sit just right in the mix.

Short story shorter: It's a really great EQ for the price...me likey
Courtney killed Kurt.
rhargis14

involved
involved

Postby UnicornTrap » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:13 pm

I had one for a while and it is super sweet. The mids knobs really got me into that sabbath vol4 tone very quickly with a fuzz before it. I had to sell it fund another G.A.S. purchase, but if I needed an EQ again....
UnicornTrap

committed
committed

Return to EarthQuaker Devices