· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
handmade with precision & balls <blackouteffectors.com> <FB>
Post a reply

Fix'd/Twosome Owners: Fav Settings?

Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:43 pm

Hi,

I just got a Twosome :joy: yesterday. I haven't spent much time with the fix'd side yet, but I love the boost portion of the circuit already. Great great meaty overdrive. We all know this side has lots of switches and knobbies, and doo-dads to make some awesome sounds. What are some settings that you have come up with that you love? As of right now, I just run the boost circuit, everything else off, at about 830, barely up.

Re: Fix'd/Twosome Owners: Fav Settings?

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:00 pm

HA i did the same thing for the first few weeks i owned my twosome... the musket is just so damn good at that gorgeous muffy fuzz and the boost in the fix'd kicked my SHO off my board... there's definitely a night/day difference between the musket and the fix'd, the fixed gets loud and nasty and cuts through darker fuzzes like the hyperion and the TAFM to name a few, every now and again i'll be daring and flip both fuzz switches up and have fuzz1 at 10 o'clock and fuzz2 at 2 o'clock and rip... my favorite fix'd settings at the moment are:

(1st row) Boost ON Fuzz1 OFF Fuzz2 OFF Tone OFF
(2nd row) Boost 4 o'clock Tone 10 o'clock Volume 2 o'clock

and

(1st) Boost OFF Fuzz1 ON Fuzz2 ON Tone OFF Fuzz1 NOON
(2nd) Boost n/a Tone n/a Volume 2 o'clock Fuzz2 11 o'clock

but again, the fix'd side always taunts me, i'm always playing around with that side, while the musket on the other hand tends to stay where it is:

PREGAIN 10 o'clock MIDS 10 o'clock FOCUS 10 o'clock
FUZZ 11 o'clock TONE 10 o'clock VOLUME 2 o'clock

best tandom in the business, hands down :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 am

boost on > fuz1 off > fuz2 on > tone on
with
boost knob noon > tone knob around 2 > volume knob jacked > fuz2 gain knob noon

there's nothing else like this for single note runs, especially lower stuff at the end of the neck. like fat synth bass lines.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:21 am

blackout_kyle wrote:boost on > fuz1 off > fuz2 on > tone on
with
boost knob noon > tone knob around 2 > volume knob jacked > fuz2 gain knob noon

there's nothing else like this for single note runs, especially lower stuff at the end of the neck. like fat synth bass lines.

Killer setting, I have been using it through a looper for synth bass lines.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:24 am

winnieqin73 wrote:great!
i love the music!and the guitar!
i want to play the piano with it.

Necrobumpin' spambot, FTW.
Post a reply