Twosome Modified!!

Moderator: blackout_kyle

Twosome Modified!!

Postby stanimal » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:04 pm

Over at the Twosome? Yousome? thread Kyle gave me (and other Twosome owners) the brain dump on how to modify our Twosome for Independent Switching and Order Selection much like the Super Limited Edition White Stormtrooper Twosome being auctioned off over at Harmony Central:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/for ... y.php?f=29

Now keep in mind this pedal contains two amazing circuits, the Fix'd and Musket... but stock you can only run one at a time, not both together... so not only did the brilliant minds behind these circuits come up with a version for independent switching but IT ACTUALLY SWITCHES THE ORDER OF THE CIRCUITS AS WELL!!!

this to me makes this pedal one of the best fuzz pedals on the face of the earth period... i'm not joking, i am dead serious.... this short vid will demonstrate what it does.... not only am i a fan of the design and build quality but these guys are the real deal, this is beyond boutique, and rightfully belongs here in the halls of ILF....

I present to you, one of the greatest fuzz pedals ever built... BETTER:

blooghost wrote: I am here because Heaven is for fucking squares and Hell has no fuzz :animal:

Officer Bukowski wrote:Sorry like half of the people I know are fictional tv characters.

devi ever wrote:Seriously... nothing but ultimate holy fuzz love for you guys. :love: :hug:
stanimal

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Twosome Modified!!

Postby steevdeadman » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:11 pm

Hell yea... st :animal: the mod master!
"abandon all hope ye who crush that button..." :rock:

Jrmy: Exactly - "the fuzz is strong with that one."
steevdeadman

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jero » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:21 pm

Woohooo! Good stuff indeed.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Nychthemeron » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Dude, that thing sounds fantastic. How did you manage to make it so the order of the sides could be switched on the fly?
Do you like listening to homemade music? Me too. Why don't you try one of mine?

Current ILF Love: OHNOHO CHK CHK BOOM, Mellowtone Melx Fuzz 2, EQD Dream Crusher, Devi Ever ID, Dr. Scientist Proto-Miniberator - new vids eventually

some mysteries are best unsolved
Nychthemeron

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby stanimal » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:59 pm

Kyle pointed me in the right direction, the rest i figured out... i'll post pics in a little bit actually...
blooghost wrote: I am here because Heaven is for fucking squares and Hell has no fuzz :animal:

Officer Bukowski wrote:Sorry like half of the people I know are fictional tv characters.

devi ever wrote:Seriously... nothing but ultimate holy fuzz love for you guys. :love: :hug:
stanimal

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby hazelwould » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:23 pm

SO awesome!
hazelwould

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby stanimal » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:46 pm

http://www.ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=9360

Just posted this in the DIY... FYI..... and just realized that i can probably do the same mod on my DE Dual pedal.....hmmmmmm

stanimal

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Gunner Recall » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:15 pm

stanimal wrote:http://www.ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=9360

Just posted this in the DIY... FYI..... and just realized that i can probably do the same mod on my DE Dual pedal.....hmmmmmm

:love:
As much as I love my ruiner>aenima, I always wonder what aenima>ruiner would sound like
There are some that call me...morningstaru?
Gunner Recall

Postby stanimal » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:20 pm

Gunner Recall wrote:
stanimal wrote:http://www.ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=9360

:love:
As much as I love my ruiner>aenima, I always wonder what aenima>ruiner would sound like

if i get it to work successfully i may just offer it as a custom mod.... stay tuned.... :animal:

stanimal

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby darko » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:35 am

so it just turns it back into a Dual Fuzz? I've owned #004, #009, and #012 (of 18 IIRC), and I think it is easily the coolest fuzz ever. Kyle explained to me why he made the production version like the Twosome, but I never got it. The original dual fuzz set up is king. :thumb:

darko

interested
interested

Postby Gunner Recall » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:17 am

There used to be a little blurb about fans of the dual (vs the twosome) seeing something special soon on the blackout site, but now it's gone...
There are some that call me...morningstaru?
Gunner Recall

Postby darko » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:48 am

Gunner Recall wrote:There used to be a little blurb about fans of the dual (vs the twosome) seeing something special soon on the blackout site, but now it's gone...

yeah, I remember that...hmmmmm, maybe it's going to be a surprise? :surprise:
darko

interested
interested

Postby stanimal » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:55 pm

darko wrote:so it just turns it back into a Dual Fuzz? I've owned #004, #009, and #012 (of 18 IIRC), and I think it is easily the coolest fuzz ever. Kyle explained to me why he made the production version like the Twosome, but I never got it. The original dual fuzz set up is king. :thumb:

OOOOOHHHH that's a sweet pedal.... pedals?? i dunno..... i think what the guys did by combining them into one box is a great idea, but i can understand the thought behind how they are wired stock... i mean, it's NOT a fix'd and Musket, it's a TWOSOME, so naturally A/B with an On/Off makes lots of sense... it takes a lot more work to make them independent and switchable, so if they decided to do that on the stock pedals i would think the price would go UP UP UP....

Kyle said he'd consider making this as a mod if you buy direct, SUPPORT YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD BLACKOUT EFFECTORS!!!!

stanimal

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby darko » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:01 pm

stanimal wrote:
darko wrote:so it just turns it back into a Dual Fuzz? I've owned #004, #009, and #012 (of 18 IIRC), and I think it is easily the coolest fuzz ever. Kyle explained to me why he made the production version like the Twosome, but I never got it. The original dual fuzz set up is king. :thumb:

OOOOOHHHH that's a sweet pedal.... pedals?? i dunno..... i think what the guys did by combining them into one box is a great idea, but i can understand the thought behind how they are wired stock... i mean, it's NOT a fix'd and Musket, it's a TWOSOME, so naturally A/B with an On/Off makes lots of sense... it takes a lot more work to make them independent and switchable, so if they decided to do that on the stock pedals i would think the price would go UP UP UP....

Kyle said he'd consider making this as a mod if you buy direct, SUPPORT YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD BLACKOUT EFFECTORS!!!!

yeah man, the Dual Fuzz is killer! i really like the ability to stack them. an infinite number of sounds can be had ... well, that might be an exaggeration. I am extremely lucky to have owned a couple of these rare birds...just being in the right place at the right time'd

but I really do like the thought that kyle put into designing this pedal, and it would be pretty cool to be able to mod a Twosome to Dual Fuzz specs...
darko

interested
interested

Return to Blackout Effectors