Posted this in the GAS thread but I thought I should post it here as well.
So I've always wanted to try a Cadavernous and as soon as I saw the V2 was released I jumped on it. It's battling for a spot versus the RM-1N. It's not that I hate the RM-1N, but I don't use half of the knobs (pre gain, post gain, drone, etc) and with the wide range in the controls and the exp control add to the V2 I thought I would be able to control the parts of reverb that I was most interested in.
So I got to do a little A/Bing this afternoon. I play bass if you didn't know.
- Dead silent when engaged and no playing
- A tiny, tiny bit of volume lost, but it's also a reverb so that can be expected
- Clear/clean reverb overall
- Just a slight click in the footswitch with the swell engaged but it seems like a soft switch can be easily installed on this version
- Swell builds more gradually but with the Reflection high it tends to leave more 'squeal' trailing. I think if I dial it in more, I can get it to stop or not be as long
- didn't mess with the expression or internal trimmers yet
- Noise is present when engaged and you aren't playing
- More volmume thanks to the level control
- Boomy bass but I think that is because of the extra gain the reverb depth adds which is both good and bad. Nice boom but it distorts the reverb a little too much at the same time
- Deep reverb not as clear as the Cadavernous
- The lofi-ness does have a certain charm
- Feedback footswitch comes on a little fast and strong
I'm honestly on the fence and need more time with both to see which I am going to keep. I like the clear/clean characteristics of the Cadavernous but I also like the lofi/boominess of the RM-1N.