Share your settings!

Moderator: blackout_kyle

Share your settings!

Postby molul » Sat May 25, 2013 3:56 pm

It might be interesting having a thread for our Blackout Effectors pedals. I'd like to try other people's settings or know why they set what knob to what value.

BTW, I only have a Musket, but this might change in some time (Blunderbuss, I'm looking at you) :)

MUSKET
-Pre: 4:30
-Mid: 10:30
-Focus: 4:30
-Fuzz: 3
-Tone: 12:30
-Volume: 1:30 (not really relevant, but might help as a guide)

With this I get some kind of "metal fuzz". Like a very bright Big Muff, crunchy and also good for palm-muting. I've always liked Mids before noon, sounds more powerful to me than opening to more than 12 o'clock. I'm still not very sure about the tone knob. Sounds good near noon, but I have to experiment a bit more. What I see clearer each day is that I prefer Pre as high as possible. It really makes a difference.

It's a bit late already (22h in Spain), but tomorrow I'll try to record something with this setting.
molul

interested
interested

Re: Share your settings!

Postby Chankgeez » Sat May 25, 2013 5:07 pm

Right now, my Blunderbuss is set to:

-Pre: fully CW
-Mid: fully CW
-Focus: fully CCW
-Fuzz: 8:00
-Tone: fully CW
-Volume: 9:00
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby molul » Sun May 26, 2013 5:23 am

That's an interesting configuration. I guess it won't be the same in the Musket but I'll try it in a little while.

Do you only have a Blunderbuss, Chankgeez? Or did you have a Musket then changed it for the Blunder?
molul

interested
interested

Postby Chankgeez » Sun May 26, 2013 11:42 am

Never had a Musket, but always wanted one.

Then when the Blunderbuss came out I wanted one of those even more. So, I got one of those. Still kinda want a Musket, but I've got so many Muffs.

I'm a fan of the Blackout pedals.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby molul » Sun May 26, 2013 6:40 pm

I see. When I discovered the Blunderbuss I just had received my Musket, and I wish I had known about Blunder before ordering the Musk. Not that I'm not happy with it, but from what I've listened in youtube, I think the Blunder is closer to the tone I'm looking for.

Anyway, today I recorded a bit with the Musket and I'm truly happy. I recorded the same song a few months ago with the Big Muff, and then I had to equalize every track a lot to get a tone I truly liked. This time, the guitars sound perfect without any post-process. I hope to finish recording the guitars tomorrow. I'll upload the mix when I'm done :)
molul

interested
interested

Postby Casavettes » Mon May 27, 2013 8:01 pm

for blunderbuss

-Pre: 2:30
-Mid: fully CW
-Focus: 1:00
-Fuzz: 8:00ish
-Tone: 1:00
-Volume: 1:30

sibling
-Switch (Slow)
-Rate: 1:00
-Depth: - MAX
-Level: 2:00

-Switch(fast)
-Rate: fully counterclockwise
-Depth: 1:00
-Level: 3:00

or Rate at 3:00 or 11:30 and depth: Maxed

:bear:
Casavettes

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Butch1970 » Fri May 31, 2013 7:18 am

I'd love to check out some settings for the Whetstone that work well for you guys. I'm still a bit of a novice with mine.
Butch1970

committed
committed

Postby benjuro » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:19 am

Musket:

Pre: 1:30
Mids: 1:00
Focus: 11:30
Fuz: 11:00
Tone: 2:00

Blunderbuss:

Pre: 11
Mids: 130
Focus: 1030
Fuz: 12
Tone: 1

I found this helps, with so many cool settings combos, it's hard to remember when you want to replicate a sound sometimes...

musketsettings.jpg
Special low-frequency version.
benjuro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to Blackout Effectors