Can the Twosome cop Soda Meiser tones?

Moderator: blackout_kyle

Can the Twosome cop Soda Meiser tones?

Postby MannequinRaces » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Wondering if the Twosome can cop Devi Ever Soda Meiser tones? I currently have a Soda Meiser but am wanting to buy a new A Seriously Special Twosome when they become available from PGS and want to possibly sell my Soda Meiser. So if anybody has experience with both a Twosome (any version) and a Soda Meiser I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.
Quirky music for quirky people can be found at http://mannequinraces.bandcamp.com/!
elbandito wrote:I returned it a month later because drummers don't like to count
MannequinRaces

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Can the Twosome cop Soda Meiser tones?

Postby julius_deane » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:48 pm

You can't have 2 fuzzes?

I'm surprised it even matters. Do you really need the $70 or whatever that much if you like the sound of the SM? I realize I'm trollin here, since I don't really have any feedback to offer.

In my limited experience nothing sounds like a Soda Meiser, except maybe a Scrambler.
i'm a grrnoise
julius_deane

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MannequinRaces » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:01 pm

I actually have a Singing Tree, Melx2 Fuzz, Trumpet Fuzz, Wolf Computer, and the Soda Meiser, so cutting out some pedals and selling them for cash to fund a Twosome might be nice! :idk: I do like the sound of the Soda Meiser and that's why I have kept it around. Fuzz pedals are my kryptonite so having a few extras on the board isn't going to hurt anything. :) Nonetheless, thanks for your input.
Quirky music for quirky people can be found at http://mannequinraces.bandcamp.com/!
elbandito wrote:I returned it a month later because drummers don't like to count
MannequinRaces

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Astricii » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:32 am

In my experience with my friend's SM and my other friend's Regular Twosome. it's not gonna really get there. Part of the SM magic is the flipped transistor on the output Push Pull Section. Actually I think that may be the difference between the SM and the VFM. either way It's a very obscure topology in the SM not much is going to sound like it. The DBA Soundwave Breakdown features the same kind of output tranny flipping nonsense and thus, has strange awesomeness as well.
Achtane wrote:The whole super-submissive robotic dying cat girl with mosaic for junk thing...BLEH
Astricii

experienced
experienced

Postby MannequinRaces » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:49 am

Wow! Thanks for the technical information. Good to know. I got a used VST a couple weeks back and yeah, definitely can't get a SM sound out of it. I'll keep hanging onto my SM. :)
MannequinRaces

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to Blackout Effectors