· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
handmade with precision & balls <blackouteffectors.com> <FB>
Post a reply

Twosome voltage question

Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:28 am

How do I tell if I can run past 9V on my twosome? There's another thread here about running a musket up to 18, but I was curious about twosomes.... I use pretty high output pickups (Gibson 500t) and I wanted to know if it's possible to add headroom to my twosome so it doesn't clip and get so muddy with my guitar's volume knob set to full blast. This happens mostly on the musket side. Also, it's been modded to be a Very Special Twosome, if that matters... How do I tell if the Musket side is "V1" or "V2"? thanks!

Re: Twosome voltage question

Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:45 am

gunslinger_burrito wrote:How do I tell if I can run past 9V on my twosome? There's another thread here about running a musket up to 18, but I was curious about twosomes.... I use pretty high output pickups (Gibson 500t) and I wanted to know if it's possible to add headroom to my twosome so it doesn't clip and get so muddy with my guitar's volume knob set to full blast. This happens mostly on the musket side. Also, it's been modded to be a Very Special Twosome, if that matters... How do I tell if the Musket side is "V1" or "V2"? thanks!

When in doubt the PCB will usually give up that info. In any case, any true Twosome or VSTwosome can be run up to 18V. Some of the pre-cursor "Dual Fuzz" with the lexan graphic should only be run up to 12V.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:39 am

I haven't tried that yet, but I'm putting it on the list

Kyle - Any differences in the sounds or quality?

Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Skattabrain wrote:I haven't tried that yet, but I'm putting it on the list

Kyle - Any differences in the sounds or quality?

There's little sonic difference in most settings. Some of the boost > low gain settings on the Fix'd side will have a bit more headroom, if you're after a touch more dynamics.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:15 am

So Fix'd fuzzes are also good up to 18V? V3 here i think

i'd be interested in a touch more dynamics :)

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:51 am

DarkAxel wrote:So Fix'd fuzzes are also good up to 18V? V3 here i think

i'd be interested in a touch more dynamics :)

V2 and V3 Fix'd are fine up to 18V.

V1 people will need to double check some voltage ratings on filter caps, which we're happy to help with.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:26 am

Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:48 am

Rad. Thanks!
Post a reply