All bow and thank Kyle for new pedals...

Moderator: blackout_kyle

All bow and thank Kyle for new pedals...

Postby benjuro » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:35 pm

"The CRYSTAL DAGGER (late October) will be the next Blackout release. It’s two independent circuits in one box.

The first effect is a rowdy, unique, pronounced octave-up analog fuzzsaber. The octave effect can also be defeated for a variety of other equally searing fuzz tones.

The second effect is a ring modulation-alike effect that can do things from alien robot sounds to layered octaves to very fast phase throbbing to subtle shimmers. Those of you familiar with the Whetstone, particularly the V2, will recognize some of those sound descriptors. We stripped down sections of the Whetstone circuit to isolate just these features; to honour them; to cherish them for their uniqeness; and to make them small.

Each circuit has its own dedicated footswitch and can be used independently or together. I recommend together for ultimate statis-quo destruction and maximum quantities of quizzical facial gestures from onlookers. It’s just starting production and I’m fairly confident in the release timeline on this one. More info to follow, of course, as things progress.

We’re working hard to make you hard."
Special low-frequency version.
benjuro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: All bow and thank Kyle for new pedals...

Postby sylnau » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:01 pm

benjuro wrote:The second effect is a ring modulation-alike effect that can do things from alien robot sounds to layered octaves to very fast phase throbbing to subtle shimmers. Those of you familiar with the Whetstone, particularly the V2, will recognize some of those sound descriptors. We stripped down sections of the Whetstone circuit to isolate just these features; to honour them; to cherish them for their uniqeness; and to make them small.

Oh! :cool:
Can't wait to ear a demo... I might be interested!!
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Clean Channel » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:04 pm

That sounds awesome, can't wait to hear 'em!

I bow to no one.
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby STOMPBOXSONIC » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:52 pm

Gonna be AWESOME!!!!
STOMPBOXSONIC

committed
committed

Postby colin » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:34 am

sylnau wrote:
benjuro wrote:The second effect is a ring modulation-alike effect that can do things from alien robot sounds to layered octaves to very fast phase throbbing to subtle shimmers. Those of you familiar with the Whetstone, particularly the V2, will recognize some of those sound descriptors. We stripped down sections of the Whetstone circuit to isolate just these features; to honour them; to cherish them for their uniqeness; and to make them small.

Syl, I love how your Quebecois-ness (is that a word?) comes through in your typing, this isn't the first time I've seen you drop the 'h' from 'hear'. :lol:
colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby sylnau » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:43 am

colin wrote:
sylnau wrote:

Syl, I love how your Quebecois-ness (is that a word?) comes through in your typing, this isn't the first time I've seen you drop the 'h' from 'hear'. :lol:

Oupsssssss!!! :lol:
Yeah! And sometimes I write "witch" when I want to type "which".
I'm in the french part of Canada (Quebec).
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blackout_kyle » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:00 am

Thanks for the support guys! I know new stuff has been a long time coming, its just been a tricky year for developing and finalizing. First the big shop move and Ross leaving simultaneously, then spending the QT to get Joe and Marianne trained up right. We're rocking and rolling again now.
blackout_kyle

committed
committed

Postby Gunner Recall » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:44 pm

Stoked for the dagger :!!!:
Been into octave stuff lately.
There are some that call me...morningstaru?
Gunner Recall

Postby Jet Age Eric » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:50 pm

DEMOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Please.) -E
Jet Age Eric

interested
interested

Postby univalve » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:48 am

uh, that seems like a pedal i need
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Blackout Effectors