Fix'd Fuzz question->Fix'd Fuzz Happiness

Moderator: blackout_kyle

Fix'd Fuzz question->Fix'd Fuzz Happiness

Postby DarkAxel » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:11 am

Hey, dudes

while waiting for my first Blackout pedal (mighty Fix'd Fuzz) i'm bored so i have a question

does it care where in the signal chain do you put it? Does it freak out after a wah?

Last edited by DarkAxel on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Fix'd Fuzz question

Postby Jero » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:49 pm

Haven't tried it after wah, but will in a few. I've had no trouble with it anywhere else though. Beast of a pedal; mine is so heavy.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Green Jacket » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:18 pm

I love fuzz one plus the tone, gets all sorts of great "classic "tones. Boosting this with an od before can create bluesy grit.
Green Jacket

committed
committed

Postby Jet Age Eric » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:44 am

+1. Fuzz 1 + Boost at lowest setting = Skinpimp MKII, but with more output available. Add Tone and adjust to perfection. -E

Green Jacket wrote:I love fuzz one plus the tone, gets all sorts of great "classic "tones. Boosting this with an od before can create bluesy grit.
Jet Age Eric

interested
interested

Postby DarkAxel » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:05 pm

OK, recieved today... welcome me to the family, this pedal fucking rocks!!! :!!!:

BTW no it doesn't freak out after wah :)

i've played with it only for an hour or so, but

Bloom can be a nice gritty OD used on it's own, but it can also boost the Fuzz 1 very well. Fuzz 1 sounds like a great "classic" fuzz, great sustain, cool :) Fuzz 2 can do all sorts of mad stuff, especiall with Shade engaged... on it's own it can do nice splatty velcroey 8-bit style fuzz and Shade is a super-wide tone control that drastically changes all of the previous stages :) what is the conclusion? this one little box contains A TON of sounds, it's a bit of a tweaker's wet dream

i've got a third version #126A, Ants :) it's very interesting and i look forward to messing with it more

oh and thanks to Kyle and the bunch - the manual is one of the best i've read so far. Also the build quality is superb. You guys do a great job!
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fuzzjunkie » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:50 pm

One of my all time favorite pedals. Highly underrated fuzz.
fuzzjunkie

interested
interested

Postby Clean Channel » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:35 pm

I'm very so flippin happy that I picked up one of the Very Special Twosomes. I love both sides of that pedal, but there is so much to explore just in the Fix'd side alone!

The Musket gets so much attention, but man, that Fix'd is a world of tone shaping possibilities.

I will never be at a want for Fuzz. Twosome is such a wicked pedal. So, so, good.
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Green Jacket » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:54 pm

^I'm rocking a Custom Twosome with the dual mod. Totally badass, especially running fuzz 2 into a gainy musket...synth heaven
Green Jacket

committed
committed

Postby Clean Channel » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:07 am

Nice! Love that Blackout Effectors helps people do the mod. The stacking is so much fun with this thing, and I love the graphic on the traditional Twosomes.

The only thing I love more than talking about this pedal, is hearing other people tell me what their favorite settings are!

This is gonna sound insane, but I just picked up one of the original Twosome Fuzzes (#18 of 18), even though I have a Very Special Twosome. It was being sold on the guitarscanada forum for $200 shipped, and I just couldn't pass up such an insane deal!

I have some friends who've wanted one of these pedals for a while, so I'm gonna pass along my good fortune and let one of them have it.

It's such an unbelievably versatile pedal. Every few days I like to just sit down and experiment with it. It seems like every time I discover something new. I have loads of complex, feature-rich pedals, but none are as much fun as the VSTwosome. I knew when I got it I would love it. But with every passing day I love it more and more. I will never ever ever part with this thing!
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jero » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:09 am

Yea, the fix'd is a keeper for sure. Mine came rehoused and one of the switches is out now, but it will always be close.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Green Jacket » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:19 am

Clean:
Yeah man, I hear that so much. I found my go to settings and just chilled there for a while. Now, every time I play it seems like I find another great setting. Running the built in boost into the musket really hits that grunt sweet spot that keeps the grain without being sharp. So far, it has become basically the only dirt pedal I use the majority of the time.

The Blackout guys will have another custom order from me coming soon, they're a class act.
Green Jacket

committed
committed

Postby DarkAxel » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:13 am

The only thing i'm not really happy about is the fact that the trimpots are... well... inside :D especially the Fuzz 2 bias would be great to have in the front

BUT i understand it's not easy to place there so many options and don't "overcrowd" it :) i'm just not sure yet how i want to set it and having it inside doesn't help much :lol:

i have to test it out with my band, i hope that'll happen soon - then i'll know if it'S a keeper or not :)

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Fix'd Fuzz question->Fix'd Fuzz Happiness

Postby DarkAxel » Tue May 24, 2011 5:37 am

Yeah, finally got to trying it on my amp in a band...

this pedal probably just became my favourite dirt pedal :) with fuzz:1 gain on half boosted by bloom on 1/3, it's pretty heavy, yet clear and pronounced... boosted by Cbread DLS afterwards, it's great for leads

it's maybe too bright with tele, i'll work on that with experimenting with Shade later

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jet Age Eric » Tue May 24, 2011 11:46 am

Yeah, Shade is your friend in both directions. -E

DarkAxel wrote:Yeah, finally got to trying it on my amp in a band...

this pedal probably just became my favourite dirt pedal :) with fuzz:1 gain on half boosted by bloom on 1/3, it's pretty heavy, yet clear and pronounced... boosted by Cbread DLS afterwards, it's great for leads

it's maybe too bright with tele, i'll work on that with experimenting with Shade later
Jet Age Eric

interested
interested

Postby DarkAxel » Sat May 28, 2011 3:55 am

Oh yeah, i tried messing with Shade. Yesterday we played a show and i was so happy with my dirt sounds :)

in our practice space it's really more like a higain distortion, live it was undoubtly fuzzyyyyyyyyyy :) awesome

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Blackout Effectors