High pitched feedback with Musket and Mantra

Moderator: blackout_kyle

High pitched feedback with Musket and Mantra

Postby Humandrivein » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:36 pm

I'm not talking about the good kind of feedback. It started for the first time at band practice the other night since having this board setup since December and only sometimes when I engaged the pedals. I would turn one or the other on not at the same time and instantly a high pitched squeal that only happened sometimes. I would turn them on and off a few times in a row and it would happen for maybe two or three in a row then stop. Could it be because of internal trim pots being cranked or maybe the shitty power where we practice. I power everything off of a Dunlop DC brick but we practice in a storage unit and I can hear a hum in my amp thats only when my board is plugged in where we practice. Anyone able to point me in the right direction.
Humandrivein

committed
committed

Re: High pitched feedback with Musket and Mantra

Postby Clean Channel » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:34 pm

I'm by no means an expert on the technical side of pedals, but I'll chime in with what I would do.

I'd first try to figure out if it was a power issue. The DC Brick doesn't actually provide isolated power outputs to each pedal, rather it's basically a glorified daisy chain (like a One-Spot etc.). You might try powering the two pedals with separate adapters or a Voodoo Lab PP2+. If the problem persists, then you might suspect something funny has happened inside the pedals. At that point, I can offer no helpful advice!

As a side note, I run a Mantra as well as the Very Special Twosome, both from a PP2+, and it works great!

May I also say that I agree with your fine choice of dirt pedals!
Clean Channel

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Humandrivein » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:29 pm

I knew I should have went for the PP2+ even if its not the problem haha. :thumb: Thanks for the response I'll bring some extra power supplies to practice with me tomorrow and see if that helps. I also opened up and turned down the mantra trim pots they were cranked all the way so maybe that will help a little.

You have a taste for great dirt as well. I was going to get the Twosome but went for the Musket instead, these two and my Aenima and Ruby are all I'm going to need dirt wise for a while. Hopefully I'll get this figured out and can atleast have a little bit of advice of how not to set these pedals up.
Humandrivein

committed
committed

Postby kbit » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:01 pm

Humandrivein wrote:...these two and my Aenima and Ruby are all I'm going to need dirt wise for a while...

Just wanted to say that is a sweet selection of dirt pedals :thumb:
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Blackout Effectors