Musket Fuzz Responsiveness

Moderator: blackout_kyle

Musket Fuzz Responsiveness

Postby timmat » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:12 pm

I've been after a Musket V2 for a while, and finally purchased one. I demo'd one in the store, and was thrilled with how responsive the knobs were...especially the mids control. The salesman pulled one from the back for me when I made the purchase (and I didn't actually play this one).

When I got home (out of town from the store), it just didn't have the same responsiveness. I also can't seem to get that classic big muff 'wall of sound' tone, even with the classic muff settings on the pedal (cut mids, low setting on the focus, etc).

Is it possible the one I got isn't quite right? Or is it my gear? I'm playing an SG Standard into the clean channel of either a Marshall 6100 or my Fender Mustang modeler on the twin setting (which works great for dirt pedals).

Any one else have a similar experience ever?

Thanks.
timmat

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: Musket Fuzz Responsiveness

Postby sutarappa » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:36 pm

hm. well... you are talking about a total environmental change which can alter sound properties very significantly. it could be the difference is the result of using the Musket with different kinds of gear in a different room.

is the store too far to go back? i would go back to the store and use the Musket you purchased with the same gear you used when you played the first demo pedal. that would be the first big clue in determining if the difference you hear lies in the pedal or in your setup at home.

if you can't make it back to the store, then post both the signal chain you had at the store and the one you use at home. maybe someone will see a variable in the chains that might cause your issue...
There is a 500 character limit.
sutarappa

committed
committed

Postby jrmy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:58 pm

Also, is the power source different? Were they using an adapter or a battery? How does that compare to what you're using? I've found that fuzz pedals can sound really different depending on the amount of power they're getting.
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bellyheart » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:14 pm

Equipment for sure.
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS