· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Post a reply

Re: Introducing: Blowing UP! SUPER LOUD boost

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:07 pm

colin wrote:Am I the only one enjoying the irony of Quiet Things love for the Blowing Up?

Well I did choose this name for my project for a reason... :joy:

Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:55 pm

colin wrote:Am I the only one enjoying the irony of Quiet Things love for the Blowing Up?

Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:50 am

lawrence scaduto wrote:

for a second i thought that was going to be the seinfeld intro going through a blowing up.
listened to the whole song waiting for the pedal to engage. :whateva:

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:46 am

Got this pedal in a trade yesterday. Plugged it into my chain and did not adjust any setting on my bass, amp or pedals. Yea not a good idea. Lol. This thing is LOUD as fuck! I had the pedal rolled back to like 8 o'clock and my bass volume almost all the way down and it was the loudest I've ever heard my amp. So awesome. I tried it on a few pedals. The Boss OC-2, which sounds insane. The Sansamp GT-2, which sounded a little more distorted but super loud. I'm actually scared of this pedal. I think I'm going to pull my crap amp out before I mess with it much more. God I love crap amps. Now I need an Utter Stutter. :omg:

Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:27 pm

jwar wrote:Got this pedal in a trade yesterday. Plugged it into my chain and did not adjust any setting on my bass, amp or pedals. Yea not a good idea. Lol. This thing is LOUD as fuck! I had the pedal rolled back to like 8 o'clock and my bass volume almost all the way down and it was the loudest I've ever heard my amp. So awesome. I tried it on a few pedals. The Boss OC-2, which sounds insane. The Sansamp GT-2, which sounded a little more distorted but super loud. I'm actually scared of this pedal. I think I'm going to pull my crap amp out before I mess with it much more. God I love crap amps. Now I need an Utter Stutter. :omg:

BLOWING UP inside the floop of an Utter Stutter = hot hot sex. When I get some more scratch I'm probably going to buy another blowing up just so I can have one inside the loop and one outside.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:02 pm

Ive found that its the most convienient to stack it infront of different pedals, and then a volume pedal afterward, bring the volume way down, you can hear all the small differences it creates in the other pedals. when my arc flash is blowing up, it kindof sounds like a zvex machine. way cool.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:25 pm

Connor wrote:Ive found that its the most convienient to stack it infront of different pedals, and then a volume pedal afterward, bring the volume way down, you can hear all the small differences it creates in the other pedals. when my arc flash is blowing up, it kindof sounds like a zvex machine. way cool.

Ok cool! I'll try this for sure. I wasn't sure where this should go in the signal chain.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:27 am

the art choices for this month's Blowing Up are pretty fucking cool. if i had some dollas i'd scoop one up.

Sat May 07, 2011 9:45 am

I must post up a photo of my Blowing Up when I'm back home. Lawrence did a green dinosaur on the front of mine. Still sits as my favourity pedal on my board.

Sat May 07, 2011 1:34 pm

HOT DAMN

Sat May 07, 2011 5:44 pm

lets hope that doesnt get sent through customs!

Sun May 08, 2011 12:54 am

Teej212 wrote:lets hope that doesnt get sent through customs!

i was finishing up the builds for this batch, popping them into their boxes and started to write "blowing up - detonation device" on the side.

somewhere around box number 6 i realized how crazy stupid this could turn out.

what if some governmental moron saw the handwriting and decided to investigate? let's say they're looking to make a name for themselves and take it high up the ladder. people think they are on to something big and order a full on wire/internet/phone tap. they come up with nothing but rather than look foolish after spending lots of resources decided to charge me with what ever they can get.

down i go like a character from the wire. dragged through the mud. in jail and broke from legal fees. with a mud slapped on my otherwise decent name.
:picard:

Sun May 08, 2011 8:55 am

make it worse and put a piece of paper that says "not a bomb" in with each.

Tue May 24, 2011 3:04 pm

For good measure the inside of the box should be coated with some white powdery substance...I think flour is probably the most similar in consistency to anthrax, from my understanding.

Wed May 25, 2011 4:46 pm

:!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: Mine absofuckinglootly rips!!! I :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: IT!!!
Post a reply