Bigsby on a Teisco..

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Bigsby on a Teisco..

Postby veteransdaypoppy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:18 pm

I've got this guitar:

I wanna put a Bigsby on it! The guitar's a fugly piece of nasty, but the pickups are brutal and I can get some gorgeous Pisces Iscariot style tones from it. Like, dead-on through a Marshall. It's nuts. The original vibrato system is all sorts of horrible, as soon as you move the bar even a little bit, it goes out of tune and doesn't come back. I've messed around with the springs and WD-40'd that shit but nothing seems to get it to work as I imagine it should.

Which Bigsby do you suggest I use? I was thinking the Bigsby B5 would fit nicely, but I'm new to this whole thing and I figured I'd ask you guys before I made up my Christmas list.
:thumb:
Thanks dudes!
well i guess, but i just don't know.

dollys
veteransdaypoppy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Bigsby on a Teisco..

Postby pureMania » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:19 pm

I feel your pain, I've got this one
and just gave up on even trying to use the vibrato...I just string straight through instead of wrapping around the bar and just forget about it. If you do go with the Bigsbym I'd be interested to hear how it come out.
Wait...what?

Nychthemeron wrote:I say you can believe what you want to believe, but it doesn't matter what anyone believes because everyone is a moron.
pureMania

interested
interested

Postby metalmariachi » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:54 pm

Bigsbys are pretty chunky animals, it may not fit neatly.
http://www.bigsbyguitars.com/vibe/?page_id=118

Wish the site gave all the measurements.
But they do have a video of an installation on a Tele.

MM
金属マリアッチ
MARIATCHIMETARU

"First we have to make you pretty"
metalmariachi

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby pureMania » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:05 pm

Actually, after some looking around, this may work

http://store.guitarfetish.com/vistsumowhba.html
Wait...what?

Nychthemeron wrote:I say you can believe what you want to believe, but it doesn't matter what anyone believes because everyone is a moron.
pureMania

interested
interested

Postby elbandito » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:36 am

veteransdaypoppy wrote:I've got this guitar:

I wanna put a Bigsby on it!
Which Bigsby do you suggest I use? I was thinking the Bigsby B5 would fit nicely, but I'm new to this whole thing and I figured I'd ask you guys before I made up my Christmas list.
:thumb:
Thanks dudes!

what does your tailpiece look like under that cover?

I just stuck a Bigsby B5 on an Affinity Tele last week. I didn't think it'd work because of the 6 saddle thing the affinities come with but it worked out on the second try. just so long as you can get the strings straight as they're going from the tailpiece to the bridge, you should be good. You should get one of the really long arms... I can't rememeber the model name offhand.

I like the bound neck on that guitar... and the fret markings too. :thumb:
what do the knobs do? three vol & master tone?
superheavyFUNK
Fuzczk & F!zz

I am ELBAN, THE TROLL SLAYER!!!!
- fide fuzz semper fidelis - ILF downtime 2011 on FB veteran

hey, i'm cool! follow me on twitter: @ricardo_bandito
elbandito

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to DIY Effects