INFANEM the driving notion clone

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: INFANEM the driving notion clone

Postby eatyourguitar » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:37 pm

Ha! I posted to diystomp boxes last night same time. 18v goes into the suggestion box and they take it literally as the law. They added a charge pump even though it was not drawn. LoL
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:09 pm

You guys are amazing. This pedal has come in and out of my life too many times. Gotta get one and keep it haha
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby eatyourguitar » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:00 pm

neonblack wrote:You guys are amazing. This pedal has come in and out of my life too many times. Gotta get one and keep it haha

maybe I will make two? I'm not keeping one of these for myself. I have a short scale guitar that needs work. collecting dust.
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:12 am

Marvelous job y'all!

All of this hubbub has me curious enough to want to pick up a PCB when complete.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ianmarks » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:01 pm

I will definitely be a ordering a few boards once available. I've built several of your stan boards, but never got around to testing out that clean blend. I'll keep my eyes peeled for when they are available in the shop. Thanks to both you and JonWain (whom I have also purchased boards from) for your all's work on this project! Can't wait to crank a few out.
ianmarks

committed
committed

Postby imJonWain » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:10 pm

I didn't notice when you posted it but there's actually an output Cap and pull down resistor after the 10k output pot missing from that schematic? I believe they were on the schematic I sent you unless I made a mistake tracing.
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby eatyourguitar » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:52 pm

Probably I missed it. Thanks for finding my mistake. I haven't ordered it yet so this is just in time. I am finishing up one more PCB design for something else. I have like 6 PCB's to order all at the same time. Lots of eurorack modules and power supplies and power supply testing equipment I designed.
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby imJonWain » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:29 pm

Nice, are you doing your own panel(s)?
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby eatyourguitar » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:23 pm

matte black PCB panels. I made a matrix mixer, a joystick, a 2HP multiple. I have in the works a dual analog comparator module with extra features. designing a power supply module and a powered bus board was a huge deal because I had to make a lot of special equipment for loading and probing power supplies under controlled conditions. this is not even all of the stuff I have for power supplies. I have more PCB for power testing stuff.

ACDC.jpg

busboardtest.jpg

IMG_20200604_200156557~2.jpg
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby imJonWain » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:18 pm

nice!
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby eatyourguitar » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:57 pm

corrected schematic
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:55 pm

Fuck yeah dudes!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby moid » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:39 pm

That's amazing work! Can I ask a couple of (probably) stupid questions? What does the E, S, A stand for on the 50K (pot? trimmer?) in the bottom left hand area of the schematic mean? Also the power section where it says 9v or 18v - I understand the RLED and LED part, but what does the V+ connect to? I thought that was the normal power input? And what does R1, the 1N4001 diode and C16 do in the same area? Are they a power surge protection circuit?

...aaah I have a theory - the actual power input jack of the pedal is the V+, the +18V part near that then connects to all the other +18V across the circuit, and then that resistor/diode/capacitor combination is some form of surge protection? Am I close?
moid

experienced
experienced

Postby eatyourguitar » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:42 pm

the one that looks like a bellybutton is symbolic. it shows that everything with that symbol is on the same copper conductor. in a guitar pedal, almost half of the components have one of the terminals "pulled up" meaning they are all on the same positive power bus. we draw positive power rails up top by tradition. easy to remember. think of it like a waterfall. voltage is water pressure. up high is high voltage. on the bottom of the picture is ground. you can think of this like a no energy state. all the electrons that want to go to ground are already there. lazy electrons. actually you bring up a valid point. I made a mistake in that schematic. the transistors should be connected to 18v after that power input resistor. that resistor and capacitor are the power filter. it puts noise generated by the LED on the other power rail dirty power straight off the pedal board shared power. the X is the wire pad library. it draws a hole with a solder pad on the PCB if I drop one of these in the schematic.

EAS means nothing to me. it comes with the software or the library. maybe there is some reason for it if you have that specific trim pot. the footprint on the PCB is very small. it matches the tayda trimmers.
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:39 am

moid wrote: And what does R1, the 1N4001 diode and C16 do in the same area? Are they a power surge protection circuit?

Eatyourguitar touched upon the power supply filtering purpose of R1 & C16; the 1N4001 diode is in a polarity protection position, it will act as a ground shunt in series with the 68R resistor if someone introduces an inappropriate DC power supply.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Effects