Rehousing Project

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Rehousing Project

Postby waltdogg » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:02 pm

Thinking about putting The Accountant and Bass Big Muff on my bass board into one box. This doable? I haven't opened up the Muff in a minute. Never looked in The Accountant. This is probably over my head, so if anyone wants to tackle it. Please speak up.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Rehousing Project

Postby frodog » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:54 pm

Yo, speaking up because I have an Accountant and while looking for Bass Big Muff guts I found this thread with pics: http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=13619

And for reference (I haven't looked inside mine either)

Looks like the Muff will be the most trouble, as suspected everything is board-mounted except the switch. But it should still come out in one piece. Idk if you want just the dry signal to go to the compressor and fuzz on its own output, as-is, or have any extra order switching/mods.. but you'd have to desolder at least one of those plastic jacks and the 9v socket unless you can make a square hole. Easier to re-use the Accountant's hardware I think, might as well toss those EHX jacks after desoldering and replace with open jacks.

I've never rehoused a pedal but this seems doable, just a matter of deciding how you want it wired and of course getting the holes exactly where they need to be. It's possible the Acc. circuit could fit where the battery is in the Muff but the switch/knob placement would be weird. Or just get a slightly bigger enclosure. I live far far away so couldn't do it regardless, but good luck!

Oh and btw I never meant to make a username so similar to yours.. but I only got one G so it is what it is.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:07 pm

Definitely wanna upgrade as much hardware from the Big Muff as possible. I was thinking of just going compressor > muff with no modifications to the pedal circuits in any way. I want the two pedals in line in a larger enclosure just the way they sit on my board. I’ve always held the belief of compressor before your dirt/EQ and your dirt/EQ has to work less.

I always got a kick out of seeing your name frodog. Make’s me think of Frodo but as a homie.

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:34 pm

Anywho. I'm not playing bass much so I can send these off to whoever wants to do it. I can pay, trade a pedal, or hook it up with my GC discount.

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frodog » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:01 pm

waltdogg wrote:Definitely wanna upgrade as much hardware from the Big Muff as possible. I was thinking of just going compressor > muff with no modifications to the pedal circuits in any way. I want the two pedals in line in a larger enclosure just the way they sit on my board. I’ve always held the belief of compressor before your dirt/EQ and your dirt/EQ has to work less.

I always got a kick out of seeing your name frodog. Make’s me think of Frodo but as a homie.

Yo, we are homies. What I've gathered from yr posts is that we have pretty similar lifestyles and music tastes maybe, except in different environments/continents.

(this is the Korean Frodo, he looks more like the actual me except brown and my glasses are the typical emo style)

Yeah I'd love to do this project if it was not so crazy expensive to ship US<->NO. My buddy has a Bass BigMuff and I have the Accountant.. would be super funny if I rehoused his and mine into a new enclosure (got several) and sent that to you, and you sent us yours to replace. WTF. I'm sure you'll find someone closer though eventually.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby eatyourguitar » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:29 pm

you can fit a lot of extra shit into a big big muff box. you can probably put your entire pedal board inside the big muff.

I remember doing a muff rehouse. the old muffs have a big PCB. if you swapped everything to a smaller big muff PCB you could get even more space.

WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:27 pm

The Bass Big Muff isn't that large.

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to DIY Effects