Where do you buy your knobs?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Where do you buy your knobs?

Postby Confuzzled » Fri May 31, 2019 12:02 pm

I'm looking for some interesting options for some knurled shafts. any links would be greatly appreciated.
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Re: Where do you buy your knobs?

Postby eatyourguitar » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:04 am

Where I buy my knobs depends on four things, desired quality, lead time, min quantity, and desired style and color of knob. I know this is not really an answer to your question but the answer is, I buy my knobs from the internet, the whole entire internet. I don't limit it to a handful of suppliers and I have no loyalty to any one vendor.

To elaborate a bit more, you can break them down into four categories, direct, distributor or retailer, community group buys, new old stock (mostly eBay, any forum, sometimes friends). Each is a bit limited in terms of lead time or price or max quantity or selection. You can't have everything all the time. You must choose.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to DIY Effects