Stripboard build - first question

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: Stripboard build - first question

Postby Paul_C » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:46 am

Thanks for that - it's all part of the learning process :)

I ordered the oversize ones because I saw a picture and assumed they were similar in size to ones I've seen before - they turned out to be around four times the size !

I only bought five so they haven't cost a fortune.

. . . and I bought a couple more stripboards while I was at it.
Paul_C

experienced
experienced

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:02 am

DRodriguez wrote:Box caps are just film caps in a certain package style. They range in price and values like any other film cap i believe. Most cheap diy kits have box style too . just look for anything around 5mm to fit most vero layouts.

Heres a good little thing about caps for pedals
https://www.coda-effects.com/2015/04/ca ... hoose.html
To DRods point -
Yeah I bought all 5 of these 100n's from Tayda. The green poly films are actually my favorite as far as noise goes.. I think... but you can see how much bigger they are than the poly film box and ceramic and monolithic. Some PCBs and layouts just simply won't fit the big greenies so you need to be aware :)*

And of course stuff like 20p-1000p(1n) typically aren't common in anything other than ceramic/monolithic.
Attachments
20190222_063621_crop_367x367.jpg
20190222_063621_crop_367x367.jpg (83.88 KiB) Viewed 189 times
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:48 pm

If you took that green bit and tipped it on its side, that would be about the size of the five I have - the wires comfortably span five strips without bending anything, which isn't much help when I need them to only span 3 :)
Paul_C

experienced
experienced

Previous

Return to DIY Effects