· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Do-it-yourself pedal building

Forum rules

The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!
Post a reply

Re: Wah/boost making ground-y noise (but only w/ fuzz??)

Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:23 pm

Yeah it's primarily for reducing noise, it's also a good place to star ground if you don't want to use a stereo jack as EYG describes

Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:45 pm

It's got a stereo jack and it's (mostly) star grounded at the chassis screw point. Continuity tests well. Next time the iron's hot, I'll redo some ground connections and if that fails I'll run two separate batteries in there to see if that makes a difference. If that doesn't work, I might just forget it and get used to having an always-on SHO in front of my fuzz (doesn't sound *bad*, but it's different).

Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:59 pm

I would try to make sure it's ALL star ground. Any ground loops could be your problem

Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:56 am

The wah board goes to the chassis ground at two points (the blue and red wires on the far end of the board in the pic), does that look like a potential loop? It wasn't particularly noisy until I added the booster circuit.
Post a reply