Orange

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Orange

Postby Dr Satan » Sun May 13, 2018 11:41 pm

Wanted an Orange :cool: type of sound, so I did the JFETs as tubes thing and copied an AD15/AD30 schematic and tweaked it ever so slightly (that's right, I added that one resistor, lol). The actual file is kind of huge and I couldn't figure out how to post it here and have it legible so I used imgur to host it and here's the link if you want to have a stab at it. Cheers.

https://imgur.com/ZDI9xPz
Dr Satan

committed
committed

Re: Orange

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon May 14, 2018 12:06 am

Sounds dope?
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dr Satan » Mon May 14, 2018 1:00 am

I dig it. It's maybe a little on the bright side and it's pretty low~medium gain, but has a nice grind to it. I'm more into stacking drives so I tend to favor low to medium gain stuff.
Dr Satan

committed
committed

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon May 14, 2018 2:41 am

Those are the reasons I love the Black Forest. Including the input cap selector to squash brightness when necessary. I've played with a few amp to fet circuits and they usually sound dope. I still love the runoff groove Thor blasting my Bassman. Any sound clips ?
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dr Satan » Tue May 15, 2018 8:06 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UytFUqruReI&feature=youtu.be

Video is crap, but I think it gets the idea across. I added a "presence" control like what you'd see in the DLS MKIII. So it's just a 10k trimmer after C11 with the wiper tied to one leg and I used a .0047uF to ground after the trimmer parallel with the volume pot. You can use a larger value to kill more top end but to my ears a .01uF cut more than I cared for. The noise in the video is from an odd buffer issue in one of my pedals I need to address. I need to redo my board completely but I gotta buy and build some stuff to get it where I want it.
Dr Satan

committed
committed

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue May 15, 2018 9:43 pm

That's my constant story man. That and I don't actually have a board. I just string shit out and play heh
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to DIY Effects