U N F I N I S H E D projects

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: U N F I N I S H E D projects

Postby Jero » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:39 pm

:lol: the internet knows all
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:25 am

I think i have the inverse problem that C has. Once i start one thing, i have a hard time doing anything else or focusing on other things until it is finished. It used to be really crippling, but slowly i have gotten better at it.

i have nothing of use to contribute in this thread, but just wanted to say these are nuts. all of these are really cool. you girls/guys have some gold waiting to be finished. please update once your unfinished projects become finished, and hopefully it won't be another 10 years until some of these are wrapped up
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby spacelordmother » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:19 pm

Feeling the collective pain here. Besides the loooooooong list of projects I intend to start, here's what's on my bench:

In progress: RV-3 glitch mod, Holy Grail 8-modes mod, Ebow drain mod, A distortion circuit I've been tweaking, E-stop for the cnc machine...

This drives me NUTS. :mad: :cry:
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby LaoWiz » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:57 pm

spacelordmother wrote:Feeling the collective pain here. Besides the loooooooong list of projects I intend to start, here's what's on my bench:

In progress: RV-3 glitch mod, Holy Grail 8-modes mod, Ebow drain mod, A distortion circuit I've been tweaking, E-stop for the cnc machine...

Love it!
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby LaoWiz » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:07 pm

I had a long 3 1/2 day weekend and thought I would finish 3 pedals or get really close. Circuits are done so was just needing to iron on the graphics, etch, drill, paint and stuff em. Spent a bit of time doing graphics for the 3rd one that I only started on Friday so by the end of yesterday only managed to sand the enclosures and then iron on the graphics. So will have to wait until next weekend.....
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:53 pm

spacelordmother wrote:Feeling the collective pain here. Besides the loooooooong list of projects I intend to start, here's what's on my bench:

Hey man, care to share any info with me on that holy grail mod? I have one and I am quite interested in this mod. Pm if you'd like :drool:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AZX309 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:16 pm

Whats the deets on the E-stop
https://www.instagram.com/maskaudioelectronics/
D.o.S. wrote:you're not my real dad

Corey Y wrote: Tone is in the dingus.
AZX309

committed
committed

Postby spacelordmother » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:22 am

LaoWiz wrote:

Love it!

Thanks! :)

BetterOffShred wrote:Hey man, care to share any info with me on that holy grail mod? I have one and I am quite interested in this mod. Pm if you'd like :drool:

PM incoming. ;)

AZX309 wrote:Whats the deets on the E-stop

Basically just adding a (super rad large red) button to break the ground connection. Everything is rated to handle the voltage so no worries. :thumb:
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Jwar » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:18 am

I'm too embarrassed to post any pictures of this kind of stuff...
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:03 am

Oh for real. My shit is a wreck. It's pretty embarrassing, but it's not my job or anything.. I do it for fun and If I feel like not cleaning it up for a few days it's NBD.. my cat doesn't complain.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:35 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:I'm too embarrassed to post any pictures of this kind of stuff...

Do it!!!
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby frodog » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:58 pm

Yes, please, no shame in having work in pprogress/on ice (bonus points if you store yr projects in an actual freezer).

I would pic u, but I'm new to building so what is on my tiny worktable (2 circuits) is pretty near completion. + 3 Rats in various states. Those boards are a PAIN to pry out of the enclosure. (My cats don't seem to mind tho).
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Mellissengeist » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:13 am

This is my take on the Evil Filter, I etched the graphics. built it as selfetched pcb (didnt work) built it as vero (only fuzz was working )changed the transistors to the better sounding BC549c. I am pretty stuck in this but really looking for a nice solution for that problem. could also be that i burned the expensive IC with my first try?!
If you have an idea or know where to get a nice and clean PCB give me a hint!
Mellissengeist

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:22 am

Did you implement the expression part? I've been looking at this circuit a while and have all my parts in a bag just waiting to build it..

I know a couple guys here have built them with both sides working, but I don't know of anyone who has the expression part yet. Except the dude on reverb from Italy. He's clearly selling a clone .. Ftelectronica or something. He has beautifully screen printed Schuman PLL clones. I based my layout off his ;) maybe worth asking him
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mellissengeist » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:55 am

BetterOffShred wrote:I know a couple guys here have built them with both sides working, but I don't know of anyone who has the expression part yet. Except the dude on reverb from Italy. He's clearly selling a clone .. Ftelectronica or something. He has beautifully screen printed Schuman PLL clones. I based my layout off his ;) maybe worth asking him

Mine does not have a working Expression Pedal, there is this guy from France I guess. Emmanuel who is building things by the name of "Triton 13" he has a video up with a working Expression pedal.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjMLCSGc-b0[/youtube]

I Aso wrote a mail to the Italians of FTelectronica but haven't any feedback til now.

What about the guys in this Forum does anybody have good pictures of a working one?
Mellissengeist

uncommitted
uncommitted

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Effects