U N F I N I S H E D projects

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: U N F I N I S H E D projects

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:49 am

You may better luck at Freestomboxes.org - there's a thread there on debugging the original glass hero schematic and a couple guys get working ones.

I have interest because I haven't built mine yet ;) plus I love debugging. Did you get the right transistors? I know others had difficulties with the MPSA05.. g? Don't have the schematic in front of me..

Someone will have voltages off a working filter chip. Stay positive. :)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mellissengeist » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:11 pm

Thanks Dude, i'll get it working somehow. I give FSB a try.
Well I got the right Transistors but Triton 13 suggested to use BC549c and they somehow sound better!
Mellissengeist

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:19 pm

I see. Well I'll write that down.. ;) thanks for sharing
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:16 pm

Mellissengeist wrote:Image

This is my take on the Evil Filter, I etched the graphics. built it as selfetched pcb (didnt work) built it as vero (only fuzz was working )changed the transistors to the better sounding BC549c. I am pretty stuck in this but really looking for a nice solution for that problem. could also be that i burned the expensive IC with my first try?!
If you have an idea or know where to get a nice and clean PCB give me a hint!

That looks rad! I think I etched one of those boards from perf and pcb layouts but never ended up buying the IC and the labeling of all of the wires looked too confusing so haven't thought of it since.
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby LaoWiz » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:42 pm

While I didn't finish anything this weekend I did some etching, drilling, and painting. Corruptor is Freppo's Ring Mod and the Error Machines are Foxx Tone Machines, one for me and one for a buddy... :!!!:

LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:45 pm

:love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:56 pm

:drool: :love: :drool:

God damn man.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:04 pm

Those are stunning!

Is Freppo the same as Parasit? If so, I have one of those Corrupter boards I need to finish. That circuit sounds so gnarly.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:19 pm

Yes.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:56 pm

Thanks you guys!

Jero wrote:Those are stunning!

Is Freppo the same as Parasit? If so, I have one of those Corrupter boards I need to finish. That circuit sounds so gnarly.

Yep, Freppo is the chap behind Parasit. It's a completely rad circuit especially considering the super low parts count. Only took me 5 times to get a working board, though!
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:38 am

So, as far as unfinished shit goes, I have a quick question.

Can you wire two circuits into the same expression jack? Is that feasible or would each circuit require it's own in order to work correctly? I'm asking because I have a dual Bitquest and Dual Elements. Both can have two, but no room. This is one of my many ventures I just never attempted. lol
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby crochambeau » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:52 am

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:So, as far as unfinished shit goes, I have a quick question.

Can you wire two circuits into the same expression jack? Is that feasible or would each circuit require it's own in order to work correctly? I'm asking because I have a dual Bitquest and Dual Elements. Both can have two, but no room. This is one of my many ventures I just never attempted. lol

Don't those want a CV? (Which is to say, isn't the expression aspect a voltage divider working off of a supplied voltage reference). Yes, you can utilize a single jack for that, but you do not want to connect the different circuit points together, so a pair of unity gain DC coupled buffer amplifiers need to act as gatekeeper between the the outside world and the pair of circuits (or all four, if you're a madman).

One buffer is needed for each circuit input. If a reference voltage is provided insure they measure the same voltage, if so disconnect one of them so only a single voltage reference is provided to the pot.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:55 am

crochambeau wrote:
Jesus Was a Robot wrote:So, as far as unfinished shit goes, I have a quick question.

Don't those want a CV? (Which is to say, isn't the expression aspect a voltage divider working off of a supplied voltage reference). Yes, you can utilize a single jack for that, but you do not want to connect the different circuit points together, so a pair of unity gain DC coupled buffer amplifiers need to act as gatekeeper between the the outside world and the pair of circuits (or all four, if you're a madman).

One buffer is needed for each circuit input. If a reference voltage is provided insure they measure the same voltage, if so disconnect one of them so only a single voltage reference is provided to the pot.

They are straight expression as far as I know. I could be wrong though. Maybe I ought to email Ryan and ask.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby crochambeau » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:39 am

If they are passive network expression then no, you cannot connect them together without borrowing a lot of crosstalk (this is typically crippling, but once in a while an outlier crops up).

If they are connecting directly to the FV-1 IC then pot inputs divide a 3.3 volt ref and can be linked up as I described earlier (so long as only one 3.3v reference is tapped).
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jero » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:56 am

LaoWiz wrote:Thanks you guys!

Jero wrote:Those are stunning!

Yep, Freppo is the chap behind Parasit. It's a completely rad circuit especially considering the super low parts count. Only took me 5 times to get a working board, though!

Ok, thought so! Yea, I have a handful of boards from him that I nvr got around to finishing (this is an unfinished project thread after all, lol). Looks like there are new versions of just about all of them now.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Effects