My Delay is Decayed (Help w/ a Boss DD-5)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

My Delay is Decayed (Help w/ a Boss DD-5)

Postby androidpopjr » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:22 am

I've got a Boss DD-5 and when you stomp it, it doesn't turn off. It will just turn off by itself whenever it feels like it. I've looked up and down, high and low on google but can't figure a damn thing about it. Sure I could send it into Boss, but I would rather get the excitement of fixing it myself if I could just figure out what the problem is. So if anyone has ever heard of these problems on a pedal, do let me know. Thank you.

cheers.
androidpopjr

committed
committed

Re: My Delay is Decayed (Help w/ a Boss DD-5)

Postby veteransdaypoppy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:08 am

Who's the Boss now? :bob:
well i guess, but i just don't know.

dollys
veteransdaypoppy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Saturnine10 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:26 am

Sounds like you might have a bad switch.. I'd check that.. I think you can actually get to the switch by taking off the "top" of the pedal (where you step on) and coax the switch out with a small screwdriver. Take a look at the connections and go from there :thumb:
Saturnine10

interested
interested

Postby androidpopjr » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:45 am

That was a thought I had myself saturine10, thanks for the tip on getting to it!

veteransdaypoppy wrote:Who's the Boss now? :bob:

OOH BURN!!!!!! :lol:
androidpopjr

committed
committed

Return to DIY Effects