Eatyourguitar.com is now eatyourguitar.myshopify.com

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Eatyourguitar.com is now eatyourguitar.myshopify.com

Postby eatyourguitar » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:54 pm

I am only gonna SPAM the forum one time to celebrate a long time member moving into a new online home.

https://eatyourguitar.myshopify.com/

as for the future of eatyourguitar.com, I am not exactly sure. should I make DIY tutorials? I kinda feel like everything has been done by other people already. I don't really know if there is a want or need for me to give you just enough electronics knowledge that would help you design your own guitar pedals. I am extremely grateful for sites like http://www.geofex.com/, http://www.muzique.com/, https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/

I kinda feel like there is nothing I can say that has not already been said. I could definitely make curated lessons that focus on things that I think are important, unique, hard to find. :poke: :?: :hello:
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Eatyourguitar.com is now eatyourguitar.myshopify.com

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:39 pm

:joy: right on man. :snax:

Any time people put up information it helps everyone interested.
Thanks
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AZX309 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:21 pm

i would love to see a good SMD tutorial
https://www.instagram.com/maskaudioelectronics/
D.o.S. wrote:you're not my real dad

Corey Y wrote: Tone is in the dingus.
AZX309

committed
committed

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:22 pm

I'm into the d+++ and the standard fuzz kits. I like a tweakable fuzz.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:50 pm

AZX309 wrote:i would love to see a good SMD tutorial

Same. It scares me and my meat-clutches
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ben79 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:40 pm

If you did some videos, talk about how some existing circuits work, how they differ, how they can be broken down into more basic elements, I'd love to see some of that.

Good to see you back :thumb: :thumb:
Ben79

experienced
experienced

Postby eatyourguitar » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:52 am

Ben79 wrote:If you did some videos, talk about how some existing circuits work, how they differ, how they can be broken down into more basic elements, I'd love to see some of that.

Good to see you back :thumb: :thumb:

yeah I was thinking about that. I can teach. I think a lot of the information is scattered around. the only thing I can really add to it is my style of teaching and maybe to get things organized into one source of concise information. things are changing now so maybe with patreon people can actually make a living speaking into a microphone. there is a guy on youtube with like 300 videos about guitar pedal DIY. I crap my pants thinking about it. I don't see a lot of people talking about tone stacks and schematics as it relates to guitar pedal diy. that is probably an area that needs attention. in my opinion there are a lot of tutorials for SMD but they are all different so people kinda get stuck with too many options and no experience. I could make a video about SMD where I make all the decisions for you and just tell you "DO THIS". is there one specific project with SMD that people are interested in? is everyone building eurorack now? :idea:
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:24 am

TBH yeah I'm building Eurorack ring mods haha. I think a video with a "download this first" text file indicating tools necessary/used would be sweet. Just my two cents. Thanks man
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gristlepig » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:12 pm

Def get your teach on! There are so many resources I used when first learning that are now gone. Beavis Audio most notably...
And with the whole Photobucket disaster, so many schems, tutorials, etc are now gone.

I just got back into building after a few years away, and it’s amazing how much stuff is gone. How many links are dead... it’s a damn shame.
Gristlepig

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:53 am

Any more full kits coming in stock soon? Kind of a bitch ordering things separate from different shops because of shipping fees and import taxes here. Would love to build a wolf comp and bit fuzz...
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:42 pm

Other than 7 or 8 pots, the wolf computer is mad low parts count. I could mail you everything in an envelope. There's no drill pattern for it, but it's pretty easy to fit 8 pots in a BB.

Edit: I was just offering to help.. if EYG doesn't want to do kits. Not trying to drive away business
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:14 pm

There are full kit options on the site, they just show up as sold out.

Thanks for wanting to help! I'll reach out if there are no kits planned in the near future! :hug:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:07 pm

There looks to still be a PCB/Plus parts option just an FYI. You could also source almost all of this stuff from Mouser. Not sure what shipping costs are to you though.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby frodog » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:48 pm

UC, if you need parts I do have some extras I could send you, especially resistors, electrolytic caps and 2N3904 transistors. Otherwise I'd recommend ordering from RS Components in the UK. A pro shop, and I thought it was much easier to find stuff than on Mouser. Shipping (DHL) was fast and not too expensive. Most my other components I've bought on ebay, but that's time-consuming and I'm still waiting on some diodes, which I ended up having to buy (with more expensive shipping) from France.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:56 pm

Or just have us all send you parts. You can build 3. :cool:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to DIY Effects