Odd part question

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Odd part question

Postby Confuzzled » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:47 am

So it's "colder than a witches tit" as my dad would say and there aren't too many garage sale/flea markets going on but I was wondering if anyone on the board knew of a place that still sold the playback heads from a cassette deck or walkman online?
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Re: Odd part question

Postby frodog » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:51 am

I'm watching ebay right now, there are many but most are crazy expensive, hardly seems worth it. What model cassette deck do you have?
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Confuzzled » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:07 pm

frodog wrote:I'm watching ebay right now, there are many but most are crazy expensive, hardly seems worth it. What model cassette deck do you have?

I'm not looking to repair a cassette deck, just looking to make some oddball noisemakers.
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Postby crochambeau » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:27 pm

Magstripe readers are another source for these pickups. I doubt they'd work well as a tape machine replacement, but for an oddball noise maker it'll do the trick.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby frodog » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:34 pm

Ah, I see. Well then I guess you definitely don't need a $$$ head. I have many defunct cassette players around... I'll send you a head in the mail if you can't dig up one near you, mwahaha!
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Confuzzled » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:22 am

frodog wrote:Ah, I see. Well then I guess you definitely don't need a $$$ head. I have many defunct cassette players around... I'll send you a head in the mail if you can't dig up one near you, mwahaha!

aw... you gave me the warm & fuzzies! thanks!
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Return to DIY Effects