Where to buy enclosures

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Where to buy enclosures

Postby Confuzzled » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:01 pm

I'm in the process of making nod to the electro Faustus black fly for my 22 month old daughter who likes to make noise with my pedals. Lots of bells and whistles for her to bang around and have fun with.

I'm going to need a bigger than expected enclosure and the one I bought on amazon is a cheap ass think aluminum project box. Any suggestions for an online seller? I'm thinking I might need an 8"x6" enclosure that's 5" high? Do those exist?
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Re: Where to buy enclosures

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:54 pm

5" high.. that might be tricky. The 1590xx box would be plenty big I'd think. You can get those from Lawrence at Love my Switches. If you need bigger look on Mouser, they have all kinds of stuff, but it's kind of hard to browse stuff there. Lawrence also sells the DD box, which is nice and long, though if suspect you'd need a bigger piezo for that. Like a 35mm maybe.. not sure
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DRodriguez » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:09 pm

Mammoth tends to be good for cheap unfinished. Love My Switches is good for roughly poweder coated cheap ones. Mouser for all the weird enclosure sizes. Look at hammond's website to find the exact model you want and then do a search for the product code.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dr Satan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:46 pm

Cake pan? You could spread things out and make it easier for a toddler to manage that way too. Bolt it to a piece of plywood and you've got an enclosure (or bolt 2 together). Dollar store should have them for the cheap.
Dr Satan

committed
committed

Postby Iommic Pope » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:27 pm

^DIY that biz.

But Mouser has all the bigger, industrial stuff if you want a heavy duty dealyo.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Confuzzled » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:39 pm

Dr Satan wrote:Cake pan? You could spread things out and make it easier for a toddler to manage that way too. Bolt it to a piece of plywood and you've got an enclosure (or bolt 2 together). Dollar store should have them for the cheap.

Not a bad idea. Thanks!
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Return to DIY Effects