· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Do-it-yourself pedal building

Forum rules

The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!
Post a reply

Re: BP is a n00b.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:44 pm

BitchPudding wrote:And if you could recommend me a breadboard like what you described that would be pimp.

I'm going to do some soldering tonight so I will take a picture of my setup. It was fun to make and I've been using it for many years. It's basically a testing setup and I got the idea from the beavis board:

http://guitarkitbuilder.com/design-it-yourself-beavis-board/

If you google beavis board and search images some other examples so up which could give you ideas, too. But I'll take a picture of my setup and label how it works and you be able to see how easy it is.

This bread board looks good:

http://www.smallbear-electronics.mybigc ... etal-base/

If you starting out, smallbear is a great place to order. Super easy to navigate as they have everything you need for the most part and I like giving Steve my money when I can.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:30 pm

Tight yea, visuals of that are helpful. Will definately help prototype the pedal I have an idea for.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:05 am

Here's my BB setup with a PLL on a massive breadboard. And here's a description of sorts:

I chose this enclosure as I wanted to have common pot values but realized that there's just too many pot values and you're always going to be missing something and I was snagging pots for projects so that's why there's all of the empty holes on top. If you look at the breadboard, you'll see I just have the pots that are wired inserted in the circuit wherever needed.

So it's pretty much in and out jacks, a DC jack, and a bypass toggle switch. wires from all of these go to a terminal strip and then wires to the breadboard (In, Out, DC positive and negative, and one ground wire. Super simple...

Here's a close up of the in and out wires from the jacks and the ground wire coming out of the enclosure and to the terminal strip:

Here's the DC jack and wires:

And here's a smaller breadboard with a Gretsch Controfuzz PCB that's hooked up for testing:

Hope those help!

Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:49 am

I just built mine in a plastic 125b size box, using a 4 terminal speaker wire connector. It has jacks on one end and a DPDT toggle for on/bypass. So I can build stuff on a bread board and then run wires for in out power and ground over to the box. The pots thing is a good point, there's just too many to have them hardwired etc. I usually just run spaghetti for that.

Nice prototype set up for sure :)

Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:10 am

LaoWiz wrote:Here's my BB setup with a PLL on a massive breadboard. And here's a description of sorts:

I chose this enclosure as I wanted to have common pot values but realized that there's just too many pot values and you're always going to be missing something and I was snagging pots for projects so that's why there's all of the empty holes on top. If you look at the breadboard, you'll see I just have the pots that are wired inserted in the circuit wherever needed.

So it's pretty much in and out jacks, a DC jack, and a bypass toggle switch. wires from all of these go to a terminal strip and then wires to the breadboard (In, Out, DC positive and negative, and one ground wire. Super simple...

Here's a close up of the in and out wires from the jacks and the ground wire coming out of the enclosure and to the terminal strip:

Here's the DC jack and wires:

And here's a smaller breadboard with a Gretsch Controfuzz PCB that's hooked up for testing:

Hope those help!

Im a little confused. :lol: But I'll figure it out:

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:08 pm

An update: got a lil beaver kit from BYOC (op amp vers, as opposed to getting an ehx reissue, which I might do anyway at some point). Got the board populated, started to get the enclosure set up for wiring, turns out the B100k potentiometer got busted somehow, ether in shipping or cause of my own carelessness. So I ordered what I thought was the right size potentiometer, it arrived today and unfortunately was not the right one.

:picard: BP IS A N000000B. :picard:

Shot BYOC an email for links to the right one. If any of y'all got the links to the right part feel free to enlighten ya boi.

Oh, and unrelated but I somehow smashed my Whammys power supply. I have no clue how that happened. :lol:

Edit: Literally right after posting this, I got a reply from BYOC. They refunded the pot I ordered and are sending me a replacement part free of charge! :!!!:

Thank god for professionals holding my accident prone hand. :lol:
Post a reply