Multiple LED pots?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Multiple LED pots?

Postby AZX309 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:18 am

I’m working on a new project and I’m running into a few mental hang ups. I’m working on a 6 band eq using clear 9mm pots with LEDs in each. My goal is to fit it into a 125b with top jacks.

Should I just have one CLR feeding 6 LEDs? Should I consider having a separate Daugherboard to mount the pots on (ex banana fx)
https://www.instagram.com/maskaudioelectronics/
D.o.S. wrote:you're not my real dad

Corey Y wrote: Tone is in the dingus.
AZX309

committed
committed

Re: Multiple LED pots?

Postby multi_s » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:55 am

you can either run a few in series depending on the color/voltage drop of the leds and the supply voltage. Then put a few sets of series LEDS in parallel. For each leg in the parallel though you should put it's own resistor technically. something like the attached.

Unless you meant that each led will light up according to the power in the band it's pot filters. thats more complicated but doable ;) but i get the impression form the question you just want all the pots to light up the same.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (17.47 KiB) Viewed 1716 times
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Multiple LED pots?

Postby AZX309 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:44 pm

nope this is perfect for what i'm trying to achieve, thank you!

still debating on the daughterboard. its not going to be that tight but it would allow for a somewhat cleaner layout.
https://www.instagram.com/maskaudioelectronics/
D.o.S. wrote:you're not my real dad

Corey Y wrote: Tone is in the dingus.
AZX309

committed
committed

Return to DIY Effects