Help with Muff Fuzz Circuit

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Help with Muff Fuzz Circuit

Postby RJSkypala » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:05 pm

Hello all,

I am trying to build the muff fuzz on veroboard using this layout:

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main. ... 1.gif.html

Wired it up and nothing at all. I didn't have any 680k so I used to 470k instead....dont think this would cause no sound at all. Does anybody know how I would go about testing a 4558? I only have this one and I am thinking it might be the problem but I am not sure how to test it.

Thanks!
RJSkypala

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: Help with Muff Fuzz Circuit

Postby Scruffie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:39 am

Only way I can think of testing an Op-Amp far from socketing another circuit and trying it in that is something like this http://tangentsoft.net/elec/opamp-tester.html if you have another dual Op-Amp spare that isn't a 4558 you could try it aswell (assuming you socketed it which I hope you did)

Also I can't remember the schematic and I only just woke up but I think the 680k might be an fairly important part... although it not working cause of it sounds unlikely but if you have an 210k (or close) resistor you could run it in series or if you had 2 larger values you could run them in parallel.
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Return to DIY Effects