DIY Guitar Pedal Censorship on Flickr + customs

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

DIY Guitar Pedal Censorship on Flickr + customs

Postby eatyourguitar » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:02 am

ok so here is this thing I built that got stuck in US customs and UK customs for a total of 3 months. they probably thought it was a bomb or a landmine or something but it was actually just sound processing equipment for the discerning guitar pedal connoisseur. and after all that, the "EXPERTS" at customs in two countries failed to detect the leaded solder used in the construction of the modified version of the guitar pedal. they incorrectly put a sticker on the package "passed Pb sniffer OK". although I could have exempted myself from all this delay in the first place if I would have lied and attached an ROHS sticker. I could have exempted myself under other provisions of ROHS as well and admitted that it contains Pb. it was all time wasted to do nothing. the guy that purchased the pedal never even paid for it and I can't even show people what was stolen because flickr deleted the evidence. in fact, if the customer never posted to brag about his new purchase I would not have any photos at all of this thing I built that is no longer in my possession.

http://www.ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=18686

http://www.ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=19852

so why am I posting this 6 years later? because flickr has recently or perhaps not so recently decided to delete portions of my work portfolio simply because two photos of the exterior contain offensive text "DRUNK BITCH". I was never notified by flickr and even now there is no explanation or opportunity for appeal.

so if you want to build guitar pedals fine. just don't waste your time shipping them internationally to people who never pay and countries that never deliver on forums that let people steal. and don't waste your time posting to yahoo owned sites because they will just censor it to placate any random feminist who is offended. I was owing someone money on here once and Tom Dalton (ilovefuzz owner) made me pay up. that is only for builders and sellers though. buyers can be scum bags I guess. Flickr and yahoo I hope your net worth drops lower than AOL time warner. I hope flickr goes down in history as being an ironic capitalist fascist anachronism without successfully monetizing anything. censor that flickr. lessons I learned.

imgur deleted my Terius Gray aka Juvenile meme because he was talking about what kind of women he likes. again, feminists deleting my art that is protected by free speech. my advice is that everyone purchase web hosting for image posting and let only lawyers with actual court dates have any impact on what you say in your own safe space.

WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: DIY Guitar Pedal Censorship on Flickr + customs

Postby multi_s » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:17 am

but why don't you tell us how you really feel? :hug:
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:51 pm

eatyourguitar wrote:feminists deleting my art

eatyourguitar wrote:my art

eatyourguitar wrote:art

You have every right to free speech and private companies can decide if they want to post your weird nonsense or not.

I'm sorry that person didn't pay you for the thing. That person is probably a jerk.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bartimaeus » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:06 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:You have every right to free speech and private companies can decide if they want to post your weird nonsense or not.

I'm sorry that person didn't pay you for the thing. That person is probably a jerk.

+1
Bartimaeus

experienced
experienced

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:04 pm

Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to DIY Effects