B.o.S. builds a Gristleizer

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

B.o.S. builds a Gristleizer

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:13 am

Hey y'all, I'm going to make a little thread here as I build and test my Musicpcb Griatleizer. It's my first PCB build believe it or not. I got a couple more coming though so maybe this thread will include them too. Anyway here's a pic of the board, it's very clean. I'm impressed as hell with the quality. And then second pic shows how I think I'm going to lay it out. With top jacks and DC. The little led is an orange water clear, I ordered a bag of 10 for like $1.29.. 100 came. Win. Also pictured, I got my original 2N3819 FETs so I don't have to mess with workarounds. I may fire up the soldering iron tomorrow, though I just moved and half of my shit is still in boxes.
More to come :joy:
Attachments
20170925_210630-744x744.jpg
20170925_210625-744x744.jpg
20170925_210622-744x744.jpg
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: B.o.S. builds a Gristleizer

Postby Invisible Man » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:10 am

Cool dood. Love progress pic threads.

Is B.o.S. a D.o.S. alt where you can be free from the shackles of having to tell everyone they're wrong?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:19 am

Came here to post exactly what Iman did.
DoS alt confirmed.

Alt-soft.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:29 am

D.o.S. builds a an Iislteizer.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ugly Nora » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:55 am

I'm curious to see if anyone is going to complain about this thread not being in the DIY forum like they do when Uncle Bob posts similar stuff here. :snax:
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:09 am

Thanks for the interest guys, I don't know what D.o.S. is :no: but it sounds like a forum member who trolls Everyone?

I didn't post this thread in the DIY effects area because technically someone does sell a complete Gristleizer box, though I'm fairly certain the original design is public domain from like 1983. I believe it was from a magazine.

I had mentioned I was building a Gristleizer in the whatever for gear thread and someone mentioned I should do a separate thread and include pictures.

Back to the build, I'm probably going to use a pink 10mm for the rate Led because I'm attracted to bright lights :cool: but it's kind of busy on top of the pedal, it might look good on the side or something since it's big enough.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:53 am

I was going to complain about it not being in DIY, hahahaha...

mainly because I'm happy whenever there's new shit to read down there, hanging with the shaggy basement dwellers.

My biggest beef is when the Tech & Recording threads are misplaced though. :excellent:

BetterOffShred wrote:I didn't post this thread in the DIY effects area because technically someone does sell a complete Gristleizer box, though I'm fairly certain the original design is public domain from like 1983. I believe it was from a magazine.

You're not selling them as a point though, which makes the back-door spamming rule not apply. I can't get away with a progress pics thread in DIY because my process does not follow that closed loop criteria.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:59 am

BetterOffShred wrote:Thanks for the interest guys, I don't know what D.o.S. is :no: but it sounds like a forum member who trolls Everyone?

I didn't post this thread in the DIY effects area because technically someone does sell a complete Gristleizer box, though I'm fairly certain the original design is public domain from like 1983. I believe it was from a magazine.

I had mentioned I was building a Gristleizer in the whatever for gear thread and someone mentioned I should do a separate thread and include pictures.

Back to the build, I'm probably going to use a pink 10mm for the rate Led because I'm attracted to bright lights :cool: but it's kind of busy on top of the pedal, it might look good on the side or something since it's big enough.

Fun fact: I was the user who mentioned you should do a separate thread and include pictures.

:idea:
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:01 am

Also I am not a troll how dare you
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:07 am

D.o.S. wrote:Fun fact: I was the user who mentioned you should do a separate thread and include pictures.

Would you, plz, stop trollin'?!?

:|:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:23 am

:animal:
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:57 am

BetterOffShred wrote: I don't know what D.o.S. is :no: but it sounds like a forum member who trolls Everyone?

Genuinely lol'd very loudly in my open plan office at this. :thumb: :lol:
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:09 pm

Ugly Nora wrote: :crab:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:35 pm

D.o.S. wrote:

Fun fact: I was the user who mentioned you should do a separate thread and include pictures.

You sure were! :joy:

Honestly I'm still new here so I'm slowly putting together the people who have similar interests. I didn't mean any offense!

I'm glad my thread is getting views at least.. I'm going to try and populate the board tonight, and depending on how it goes I may just wire the whole thing up and try it out. My drill press is still up at my dad's house with the rest of my bigger tools (table saw, planer, jointer etc) so I need to go get that before I can drill out the box.

Anyone have any ideas for a graphic to stick in the middle? I realize the deluge of images this may bring upon me, but hey you guys are fun.
Thanks for looking!
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:48 pm

You could nick this from the desert shore installation CDR set:
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to DIY Effects