Not technically a pedal, but DIY and related...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Not technically a pedal, but DIY and related...

Postby diocide » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:14 am

It's a pedalboard!

I decided to make a dedicated display/demo board for my pedals. I wanted something I could bring around to shows and not worry about having to scrape stuff together each time.

So first I found an aluminium sided briefcase on Amazon. I thought getting a fancy road case type one, but they were all WAY too big.

From there I took some measurements and got some wood.

I decided to go with cherry since it's somewhat inexpensive, yet looks very nice. I have a local furniture grade wood supplier and grabbed a piece that was about 1"x10"x10'. I had him rip and cut some of it to lengths I had pre determined.

I drew up some plans and proceeded to make a frame. I used a miter box for all the cross cuts, and i borrowed a table saw for the additional rips I needed. I guess the blade was a little dull!

I basically built it upside down to keep the top flat. I used the miter box where I could and got the rough frame done.

I then sanded it all nicey nice with a palm sander and some 60 grit. Then used 1-1/4" finish nails and glued it up.

Once dry, I started by ripping a piece to about a 1"x3/8" and used those for slats.

I then copied it to the other side.

I then took out the slats and laid out some small frames using 1/2"x1/2" stock for it to sit on.

Then I flipped it over and glued and nailed the supports.

Once those were dry, I fitted the slats.

Now I flipped it over and am preparing to attach the slats.

That's as far as I got over the last week. I'll update as I complete more of it.
diocide

involved
involved

Return to DIY Effects