clickable rotary switch

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: clickable rotary switch

Postby crochambeau » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:39 pm

mysteryroach wrote:Switch snubbing?

Are you referring to cutting the midi clock from certain inputs (ones switched off) out of the output signal? I'm not even sure if it's possible. I'm by no means a midi expert. If it's not possible, those switches can be something else maybe.

It's possible to remove the clock, but not by severing a conductor (switching out a wire). MIDI is a serial digital line, and to manipulate information on it will require a little computer'n on board. I'm not the guy to elaborate, beyond saying it is possible (as is channel reassignment, note transposition, velocity or pressure scaling, MIDI clock division, and an entire spectrum of MIDI function). It just requires a primitive on board computer to realize.

Sorry, "snubbing" isn't used in a strictly technical context, I just typed the first thing to pop into my mind there. :animal:
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby mysteryroach » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:54 pm

I see. I won't bother him with it then.

Clock removal isn't really a necessary feature anyway. Most of the time it's just 2 inputs and only one of those 2 has clock. And in times where there are additional inputs, I'm sure I can probably set things to not output clock anyway I imagine. So it was a stupid idea in retrospect.

Anyway, maybe I should use that space to add switching for subdivision of the analog triggers? Prob a better idea than clock removal lol. A rotary for that might not fit under the midi jack though, so I'll see if he has an appropriate switch.
mysteryroach

committed
committed

Postby mysteryroach » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:45 am

Here's the new draft I'll take the night to consider. I removed 2 of the CV outs. I guess if I really need more I can worry about that later. 12 was excess for current needs but more future proof:

Anyway, I needed the extra midi out for something that doesn't have a thru. I knocked around the idea of doing a Neutrik XLR/TRS multijack patch - so I chucked one of those on the front side with a separate tip and ring out because fuck-it why not. Not sure if there's enough vertical space for both the multijack and the switch though. If not, I'll have to rethink.

edit: rearranged midi jacks
mysteryroach

committed
committed

Previous

Return to DIY Effects