Anyone ever Circuit bend or mod a Hiwatt Theremin?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Anyone ever Circuit bend or mod a Hiwatt Theremin?

Postby Confuzzled » Wed May 10, 2017 9:17 am

I have a Hiwatt Theremin that constantly makes a high pitch squeal regardless of whether I'm near it or not. I'm going to open it up and see if there's a trimpot adjustment or something that can be done to adjust it. Has anyone played with one of these? Any tips on increasing the range in the dome? Anything??
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Re: Anyone ever Circuit bend or mod a Hiwatt Theremin?

Postby Jero » Wed May 10, 2017 7:52 pm

When I had one, there was a sweet spot on the freq knob that stopped the squeal
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Anyone ever Circuit bend or mod a Hiwatt Theremin?

Postby Confuzzled » Fri May 12, 2017 9:48 am

Jero wrote:When I had one, there was a sweet spot on the freq knob that stopped the squeal

That's the problem, there's only that one sweet spot. Guessing that's why this pedal didn't have a long shelf life...
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Return to DIY Effects