Latching Boss-style square switch?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Latching Boss-style square switch?

Postby ratrod » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:42 am

Anyone know where to find one?

I want to put it in a DD3 so I can take my foot off it while using Hold mode.
ratrod

committed
committed

Re: Latching Boss-style square switch?

Postby Faldoe » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:39 pm

I don't think you'll find one to the same specs as the Boss. I think Boss has them made for them. I think you'd either have to drill the enclosure and add a latching hard switch or see if you can order a true bypass relay board - from Mammoth - and just use two of the taps from the board to act as if it were a hard switch.

I'm not sure if the Boss switch is NC or NO but if it is the same spec as what is needed for the relay board you can use the stock Boss switch to trigger the relay board and the stock Dd-3 switch wires will be wired in the relay board.
Faldoe

Postby Jero » Mon May 01, 2017 9:03 pm

Faldoe wrote:I'm not sure if the Boss switch is NC or NO but if it is the same spec as what is needed for the relay board you can use the stock Boss switch to trigger the relay board and the stock Dd-3 switch wires will be wired in the relay board.

This is actually a good idea, worth looking into
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dr Satan » Tue May 02, 2017 10:10 am

Going by the schematic, you should be able to just move one wire to get the desired effect. http://www.hobby-hour.com/electronics/s ... ematic.gif

Disconnecting wire 6 from the main board and solder it to the same pad as wire 3 and you should go from "hold to be on" to "press on/press off".
Dr Satan

committed
committed

Postby Faldoe » Sun May 14, 2017 8:21 pm

Dr Satan wrote:Going by the schematic, you should be able to just move one wire to get the desired effect. http://www.hobby-hour.com/electronics/s ... ematic.gif

Disconnecting wire 6 from the main board and solder it to the same pad as wire 3 and you should go from "hold to be on" to "press on/press off".

Oh man, that is cool. I can't confirm if that will work but definitely worth a try.
Faldoe

Return to DIY Effects