Loop Pedal with Original Signal Thru (?)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Loop Pedal with Original Signal Thru (?)

Postby blankfield » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:48 pm

Hi guys. I've been looking for a pedal that will allow me to achieve essentially this:
Where I can have an original signal (green) be combined with a loop (red) via either a momentary switch or a combo tb/momentary (does such a thing even exist). Obviously with the addition of a volume pedal one would be able to blend in the signal passing through the loop while the original signal would be untouched. So it would essentially split the input and return a combined signal.

Am I making any sense? Does such a thing exist? I guess the closest I've found is this guy, but it doesn't appear to be for sale. Thanks for any guidance, ILF. :hug:
blankfield

committed
committed

Re: Loop Pedal with Original Signal Thru (?)

Postby eatyourguitar » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:31 am

the last project on my page is a buffer splitter 2 input mixer clean blend thing. you would just build it into a wah enclosure with a 25K pot. the wah treadle replaces the one pot on the blender. very simple yet effective design. I also included the phase switch so it works no matter what pedals you put in the loop. cutting up the volume pedal or building from scratch your choice. I like using broken dunlop crybaby on ebay. you can replace the footswitch with a latching true bypass 3PDT. full kit available.

WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby blankfield » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:16 pm

So, EYG, this preserves the original signal and allows for the wah to blend in whatever is in the "loop"? Am I understanding that correctly?
blankfield

committed
committed

Postby eatyourguitar » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:17 pm

blankfield wrote:So, EYG, this preserves the original signal and allows for the wah to blend in whatever is in the "loop"? Am I understanding that correctly?

yes, it is exactly what you need and even included the phase switch. I have been down that road before. this is it.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to DIY Effects