CV Inversion Help for stereo gristleizer build

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

CV Inversion Help for stereo gristleizer build

Postby DRodriguez » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:24 pm

I'm in the process of planning out a stereo gristleizer for keys. I've figured out how to add link buttons to all the settings, and how to link the CV to sync the lfos. But then I thought how much cooler it would be if I could invert the CV to get them perfectly out of sync.

Is there a simple way to invert the cv to get it perfectly out of sync. Where should I research further?

I can't get details on what the cv levels actually are until I build it, since I can't find documentation on that anywhere, but I imagine it is 0-5v.

I'm OK at wiring and simple mods, but actual electronics work like this is beyond my level of knowledge.

Thanks!
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: CV Inversion Help for stereo gristleizer build

Postby crochambeau » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:14 pm

Here's a bit of a cheat sheet:

www.ti.com/lit/an/sloa097/sloa097.pdf

This outlines scaling of the DC range and gain/attenuation per stage, even though they indicate it's easy on math it's still a bit involved, having specific criteria that need be met would make assistance a touch easier.

To invert the CV I would simply build an inverting opamp buffer that you can either hard wire/switch/patch in.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby DRodriguez » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:51 am

Thanks! Time to do some reading
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby eatyourguitar » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:43 am

you can get the min and max voltage by scoping the lfo. that should give you all the information you need. supply voltage matters. supply/2 vref. inverting opamps are the most used thing in electronics. learn it.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to DIY Effects