WOLF COMPUTER DIY DID YOU BUILD IT?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

WOLF COMPUTER DIY DID YOU BUILD IT?

Postby eatyourguitar » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:03 am

I know I sold some PCB's to people on ILF. I did not see any pictures or get any angry emails so I really don't know if everything is ok. I would like to hear it! only 3 PCB's here. 7 out there somewhere.
:idk: :snax: :poke: :excellent:

http://www.eatyourguitar.com/wolfguide.pdf
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: WOLF COMPUTER DIY DID YOU BUILD IT?

Postby crochambeau » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:42 am

That looks nice and tidy (not counting off board wiring implied). No, I did not build it (because I didn't buy one - sorry for derail/ogling your thread).

...but I do feel like I still owe you a demo of the Really Big Fuzz (still incomplete awaiting woodwork). Cool circuit nonetheless.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ben79 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:59 pm

I haven't built mine because it needs small caps and all my stock is big old stuff. It will happen eventually and I'll report back.
Ben79

experienced
experienced

Postby eatyourguitar » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:43 pm

Ben79 wrote:I haven't built mine because it needs small caps and all my stock is big old stuff. It will happen eventually and I'll report back.

and one really small really big 3.3uf cap!
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby moid » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:25 pm

I haven't built it yet because work is horrible and I have almost zero free time until Christmas :( I definitely want to though! Your Legend of Fuzz PCB worked fine though.
moid

experienced
experienced

Postby eatyourguitar » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:31 pm

bump. looking for confirmation that the PCB is working. anyone have audio clips?
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:48 pm

I'll take one and build it if you got any left ..
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby eatyourguitar » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:02 pm

all sold out but ordering more soon. I kinda want to know if I sold 10 non-working PCB or did I sell 10 working PCB? I'm definitely ordering more the question is do I go for a big batch or a small batch for testing? I never had the free time to build one myself. you can get one for free for testing purposes but you need to build it up kinda quick to make it worth it for me. they wont even be ready on my end for a few weeks at least. I will post here.

:group:
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:57 pm

I'll build it as soon as I get it. Pm me
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby eatyourguitar » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:55 pm

I will
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:12 pm

:joy: If you have a BOM I can make sure I have everything on hand :hobbes:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby eatyourguitar » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:50 pm

made from available common parts everyone has. the only thing you probably don't have and may have difficulty finding is the 3.3uF poly box cap. I can just send you one. or you can order it. I paid $0.55 each for one cap and I did purchase them in bulk.

here is the BOM
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Fuzzy Lumpkins » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:59 pm

eatyourguitar wrote:the only thing you probably don't have and may have difficulty finding is the 3.3uF poly box cap.

Just curious; any reason why the more common electrolytic 3.3uf cap can't be used?
Fuzzy Lumpkins

interested
interested

Postby eatyourguitar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:14 pm

electrolytic capacitors are polarized so that would be my primary concern. my second concern would be consistency from one pedal to the next in a production environment. this goes hand and hand with the tolerances %5 poly vs %20 on the electrolytic usually. there is also longevity of the cap. a poly box cap is good for 100 years while an electrolytic cap might not be so lucky. you could buy a "non-polar" also known as a "bi-polar" electrolytic capacitor but if you would go out of your way to find it and pay for it then maybe just keep going and get the high end cap. then after all these considerations there is the issue of temperature stability and moisture resistance. I want my equipment to sound the same in any environment. new designs should not have the problems that old germanium fuzz pedals had.
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Fuzzy Lumpkins » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:08 pm

eatyourguitar wrote:electrolytic capacitors are polarized so that would be my primary concern. my second concern would be consistency from one pedal to the next in a production environment. this goes hand and hand with the tolerances %5 poly vs %20 on the electrolytic usually. there is also longevity of the cap. a poly box cap is good for 100 years while an electrolytic cap might not be so lucky. you could buy a "non-polar" also known as a "bi-polar" electrolytic capacitor but if you would go out of your way to find it and pay for it then maybe just keep going and get the high end cap. then after all these considerations there is the issue of temperature stability and moisture resistance. I want my equipment to sound the same in any environment. new designs should not have the problems that old germanium fuzz pedals had.

So it can be used, but you just prefer not to.

Thanks.
Fuzzy Lumpkins

interested
interested

Next

Return to DIY Effects