a really really big fuzz

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: a really really big fuzz

Postby eatyourguitar » Sat May 14, 2016 7:37 am

I lost the PCB's guys :picard: :cry:

however, I fixed the two big mistakes on the board. also, I put the two switches into one 3 way switch. ordered new PCB's from china. I can sell PCB's and maybe kits. I have 10 boards coming first come first serve. the picture of the dick has been removed these are PG-13 for full frontal fuzz with a little bit of a clean blend.

WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Sat May 14, 2016 10:16 am

eatyourguitar wrote:I lost the PCB's guys :picard: :cry:

Oh no! Guess I will cling to my dick model...

Apologies on not coughing up a demo by now, mine's still not fully put together (though I can run it through my bench jig). I am guilty of having de-listed this project from my priority tasks once it sounded like you were cuing up to build one yourself. I'll endeavour to rectify that (though I'm chewing on a deep pile right now, so everything is taking a little more time than it should).
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Sat May 14, 2016 10:17 am

Dude that shit looks awesome! Love the clips and idea!!! Wish I was smart enough to participate! :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby eatyourguitar » Mon May 16, 2016 6:35 am

eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby eatyourguitar » Tue May 31, 2016 8:19 pm

mouser cart for the small panasonic electrolytic capacitors , and box caps including one super big box cap 3.3uf. you can see the PCB is now fixed to allow for such a big box cap. this is the sound and the design. don't try to change to electrolytic. you can use poly chiclets, I don't think that would make any difference from poly box.

I can sell PCB's for $10, full kits without the germanium $18. full kit includes, all capacitors, all diodes, one red LED, all resistors, one resistor LED, one TL072 op-amp, one 2N3904.

not shown in the photo is a SPDT ON-OFF-ON

I can tell you exactly where to get the germanium hand picked for a fuzz factory in PM. I don't even sort them myself anymore, I get more consistent results buying germanium PNP specifically for this project when I need it.
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby eatyourguitar » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:41 am

build guide is up. PCB's in stock. $10 each free shipping world wide.

http://www.neuron.xyz/fuzzfact11v03guide.pdf
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby eatyourguitar » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:41 pm

does anyone notice C7 is so small it does nothing on the DIRT/MUD knob when in the MUD position on the switch? I have not tested it but I think this is what someone told me. for now lets just put a really big cap in there that will mud you right up baby oohh la la! changed HI_Z to 1MA. changed VOL and TONE to 20KA. TONE control is actually not wired backwards with 20KA, its perfect. just change your expectations left is right, right is left. if you don't change C7, the switch is not totally useless, it disables DIRT, goes back to the original.

eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby eatyourguitar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:40 pm

there is an error so obvious, I am surprised no one has seen it? Q2 is upside down. this mistake persists all the way up to PCB 0.4.1 but has been fixed in PCB 0.4.2 (not released yet). the mistake is right there in all the schematics I posted. you can compare this to what it is supposed to be based on the fuzz face and that other fuzz from that fuzz guy that sends cease and desist letters.

Code: Select all
there is an error in the PCB I sent you version 4.1. you must install Q2 germanium PNP rotated 180 from the footprint marked on the silk screen. you can use the middle hole for the base of Q2 if that makes it easier to bend the leads. I try not to release PCB with errors but sometimes mistakes happen. it is definitely not something that will stop you from building a working F-----z--F-----Y*corrected* Adjustable Suck Fuzz with 11 knobs.

eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:00 pm

I literally just rounded up my parts for this one last night. I'll make sure to pay attention to that. Thanks for the heads up! Loving the wolf computer :joy:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby eatyourguitar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:02 pm

scratch that, looks like the schematic was wrong and the part was wrong. probably just need to swap the Q3 180. Q2 is swapped and swapped again so its good. Q3 is just swapped. I really fucked this thing up good.
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:28 pm

I still need to fabricate end cheeks on my enclosure, that said, I recall my build working... so the inverted transistor probably didn't raise any red flags due to lack of catastrophic failure.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby eatyourguitar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:43 pm

germanium leaks a lot more than silicon. it also depends if your signal is loud going into a stage with no gain you can kinda ride the wave even though it will attenuate. there is also the rare phenomenon of reverse gain that can happen on both germanium and silicon although it is considered extremely rare in silicon and kinda rare in germanium. it probably does contribute to the weirdness of this fuzz so it is totally up to you if this is a flaw or a feature. the only catastrophic failure right now is me.
eatyourguitar

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:50 am

eatyourguitar wrote:germanium leaks a lot more than silicon. it also depends if your signal is loud going into a stage with no gain you can kinda ride the wave even though it will attenuate. there is also the rare phenomenon of reverse gain that can happen on both germanium and silicon although it is considered extremely rare in silicon and kinda rare in germanium. it probably does contribute to the weirdness of this fuzz so it is totally up to you if this is a flaw or a feature. the only catastrophic failure right now is me.

Don't be so hard on yourself dude. We appreciate all your hard work on this cool shit! :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Previous

Return to DIY Effects