DIY Expression Options

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

DIY Expression Options

Postby hazelwould » Fri May 22, 2009 1:52 am

I know we've got a bunch of diy'ers here so... I've got some questions:

So I'm building a couple of pedals, and I'd like to either a.) add an expression out, or b.) add a switchable photocell. Any tips or help would be great!!! Also I'm looking for the photocell Electro-Faustus uses on their theremin.

Thanks!
hazelwould

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: DIY Expression Options

Postby Brettski » Sat May 23, 2009 5:38 am

hazelwould wrote:I know we've got a bunch of diy'ers here so... I've got some questions:

So I'm building a couple of pedals, and I'd like to either a.) add an expression out, or b.) add a switchable photocell. Any tips or help would be great!!! Also I'm looking for the photocell Electro-Faustus uses on their theremin.

Thanks!

Help the guy out already, I'm trying to reap the benefits here!
Assume a spherical chicken.
Brettski

committed
committed

Re: DIY Expression Options

Postby mean_dorris » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:02 pm

i have yet to ever actually build a pedal,
my first 2 byoc kits are in the mail..

but i plan on adding an eye to my dod 440 clone to make the static wah part an optical wah.
im thinking that adding the photocell in parallel to the sweep pot will do the job. i'll have to get one of similar value.
im also hoping that swapping the LED that's included with a white LED will give it enough light to work properly.
somewhere in this section there's a post on how to mount the eye.
mean_dorris

uncommitted
uncommitted

Return to DIY Effects