tremulus lune clocking noise?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

tremulus lune clocking noise?

Postby darryl2113 » Thu May 07, 2009 12:47 pm

Just got a tremulus lune(built from a kit) second hand of ebay, sounds pretty awesome, has a boost that is almost as loud as a devi pedal(could very easily use it for the boost alone), one problem though, clocking noise. if my amp is set on even a mild overdrive it clocks, but when the amp is clean or when the pedal is ran through a fuzz the clocks seem to get rounded off. I don't know much about the circuit, but I have heard that there is a resistor or capacitor that can be changed to smooth the clocks out. anyone build and/or can tell me what to swap and/or tell me where to look to find this info? :idk:
darryl2113

committed
committed

Re: tremulus lune clocking noise?

Postby cloudscapes » Mon May 25, 2009 6:36 pm

for this type of circuit, it can also be a matter of how jammed packed everythign is in the box.

which kit? commonsound? 4ms?
cloudscapes

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: tremulus lune clocking noise?

Postby Scruffie » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:41 pm

Have you adjusted the trimmer correctly? (assuming your kit has one) this sets the gain of the pedal and would explain your level of volume boost so perhaps altering this will resolve some of your issue...

The Opamps could also be to blame, did you just use what came in the kit? The original schematic called for a TL072 and an RC4558 if so the main suggestion (which was changed on later issues of the pedal) was to place a 330pF cap accross pins 6 & 7 of the TL072 (This will probably resolve the issue)

Occasionally placing a small cap (around 47-100pF) from 9V to Ground can help with issues so you could also give that a shot if the trimmer and 330pF cap don't help...

Also your wiring can have a large effect, is it messy? are the wires very long? try and keep wiring neat and as short as possible.

Hope these suggestions sort it,

Scruffie.
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Return to DIY Effects