Let's see your finished DIY projects!



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby SoaringTortoise » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:18 pm

The Space Flamingo. Made from a Baldwin Panoramic tone unit spring tank.

SoaringTortoise

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:24 am
Location: Southwest Wisconsin

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby Ben79 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:01 am

Love it! What's the circuit? Do you have a schem for us?
Ben79

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby SoaringTortoise » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:14 pm

I used the original Baldwin circuit which I modified with the addition of an .027 uF input capacitor, a dual gange 100K mix control and an output volume control, as well as the switching. I also "upgraded" most of the signal passing caps and I had to build a power supply filter section as I think these units originally relied on the power filtering built into the organ. It was quite noisy without the addition of power filtering caps. I did not draw up a schematic for posterity but below you will find the original Baldwin patent schematic I used for reference.

Image
SoaringTortoise

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:24 am
Location: Southwest Wisconsin

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby SoaringTortoise » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:19 pm

Oh, and I will add that the enclosure is made from wood which came from a salvage Wurlitzer organ.
SoaringTortoise

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:24 am
Location: Southwest Wisconsin

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby crochambeau » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:26 pm

SoaringTortoise wrote:I used the original Baldwin circuit which I modified with the addition of an .027 uF input capacitor, a dual gange 100K mix control and an output volume control, as well as the switching. I also "upgraded" most of the signal passing caps and I had to build a power supply filter section as I think these units originally relied on the power filtering built into the organ. It was quite noisy without the addition of power filtering caps. I did not draw up a schematic for posterity but below you will find the original Baldwin patent schematic I used for reference.

Image


Beautiful work!

Thanks for the document too, love looking at well drafted patent files.
D.o.S. wrote:This thing is like the Blue Box on the amount of acid that lands you in the ER pretending to play it straight while you try and ignore the fact that the walls are dripping oil.


Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:49 pm
Location: Cascadia

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby SoaringTortoise » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:10 pm

crochambeau wrote:
SoaringTortoise wrote:I used the original Baldwin circuit which I modified with the addition of an .027 uF input capacitor, a dual gange 100K mix control and an output volume control, as well as the switching. I also "upgraded" most of the signal passing caps and I had to build a power supply filter section as I think these units originally relied on the power filtering built into the organ. It was quite noisy without the addition of power filtering caps. I did not draw up a schematic for posterity but below you will find the original Baldwin patent schematic I used for reference.

Image


Beautiful work!

Thanks for the document too, love looking at well drafted patent files.


Thanks.

As to the patent document I especially like the "Tapered spring reverberation delay line device apparatus".
SoaringTortoise

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:24 am
Location: Southwest Wisconsin

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby nieh » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:06 pm

nothing to exciting, but I built this yesterday to scroll up and down presets on my nemesis without bending over.
Attachments
20161115_095950-iloveimg-resized.jpg
20161115_100103-iloveimg-resized.jpg
Chankgeez wrote:(Don't worry, spouses come and go, ILF is forever.)


Image
Image
nieh

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2687
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:17 pm

:idk: Your cat seems sorta impressed. :lol: :hobbes:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 39971
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am
Location: youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby nieh » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:03 pm

she seemed more impressed by the nemesis :lol:
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (35.41 KiB) Viewed 6644 times
Chankgeez wrote:(Don't worry, spouses come and go, ILF is forever.)


Image
Image
nieh

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2687
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby LaoWiz » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:52 pm

Finally finished a pedal!

https://postimg.org/image/rmsw9shjt/
Attachments
MEG.jpg
LaoWiz

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 1904
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:48 am

Stunning work as always! :thumb:
UglyCasanova

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 12321
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 am
Location: Norway

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby TheTransient » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:50 am

5E3 Tweed Deluxe. This was my first amp build. I put together the amp, didnt use a kit. I also built the cabinet. Pretty stoked about it :thumb:

Image
Image
TheTransient

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:43 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby crochambeau » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:01 pm

It's beautiful! Can we get gut shot?
D.o.S. wrote:This thing is like the Blue Box on the amount of acid that lands you in the ER pretending to play it straight while you try and ignore the fact that the walls are dripping oil.


Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:49 pm
Location: Cascadia

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby TheTransient » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:48 pm

Image


Theres a thread detailing the entire build process here: http://www.guitargear.net.au/discussion ... ic=47223.0
TheTransient

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:43 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby jrfox92 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:15 pm

Got around to doing some finishing this Thanksgiving.
Image
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4674
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:23 am
Location: Akron, Ohio

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Effects



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

cron

ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.