Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby nieh » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:44 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:Very cool. Any cooling fans or anything? Looks like a good build

no, just some venting holes. It barley warms up, but I'm also using it with a solid state head.
Chankgeez wrote:(Don't worry, spouses come and go, ILF is forever.)

nieh

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby multi_s » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:52 pm

Not a pedal, but still a pedal related project, and def diy....

I am trying an experiment to automate some machining operations on a cnc. The first step is to try to make a vise that can be opened and closed by the cnc software. I bought these air cylinders but was not sure if they can hold the workpiece firm enough while cutting. so today i test that a bit with this DIY vise jig. It seems to work very well. For now i just open and shut it with a dc supply manually plugging it in and out, but a relay could do the same.

Old manual vise system:

New test vise:

Jaw for "125b"

multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby DRodriguez » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:00 pm

Rad!

Do you have a different jig for the larger enclosures?
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:08 pm

not for the auto vise yet but ya for the manual vsise we have many jugs for holding different cases in different poses, to do the side holes etc. my camera just ran out of batteries but i can post some pics of the other jigs later if you want. just different jaws basically.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby cherler » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:55 am

That's awesome! Any ideas how you could automate removing a finished enclosure and loading a new one in?
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby drolo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:01 am

cherler wrote:That's awesome! Any ideas how you could automate removing a finished enclosure and loading a new one in?

drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:07 am

I just spent ten minutes watching robot fail videos looking for a witty response.

Nice work multi_s!
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby cherler » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:11 am

Instagram yo

cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby multi_s » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:00 pm

yes actually i am trying to make a cheap robot arm to remove them or come up with a method using more cylinders to push teh cases in/out, im not sure what is better to develop yet.but basically i was inspired by this animated gif of a 3d printer facility, although with smaller arms mounted on each cnc, not one big arm servicing an array of amchines, mostly becaue the machines are too big and the rm would have to be huge. but this is the idea more or less.

https://gifs.com/gif/pgm6q2

although even having arrays of auto vise will speed things up a lot. just ordered parts to make 6 more vise so i will try to post a video when it is actually used for production.

the thing with the robotic arms is it seems hard to get anythig that can lift a few hundred grams even for less than 1k+. Since i need a lot of them this is not a great option and actually huge surpluss robot arms that can lift 200 kG are available used for only 5-8k so spending that much on a bunch of toys when you could get something that could build cars seems a bit ridiculous.

if you lookup the original "dobot" kickstarter which they said would be open source, i will try to copy that style arm but make the parts in house. in the end it doesn;t look like they made the dobot project open source even though it got funded (lol) but the original model does not look that mechanically complex.

edit: also if you are looking for a pretty bad ass diy robot arm for fun or whatever this is probably the most impressive thing i found, the guy is still dev'ing it but the videos are coming out with progress every month or so. his goal was to make it all with cheap 3d printer + parts form amazon. pretty nice results id say. for me i only need 4 axis maybe not 6 so i will make a simpler arm to save money on motors. but this guy has probably made the most impressive open source arm i have seen yet.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI1or6 ... EEgM0lVCJw
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby cherler » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:36 pm

So the real takeaway from that gif is you'll need a lot of LEDs :thumb:

The "dobot" looks like the perfect general form factor for this kind of thing. I'm not sure you'd really need a spherical arm or a bunch of joints to control end effector orientation. This is awesome man, I'm excited to see more!
Instagram yo

cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby dminner » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:30 pm

LaoWiz wrote:Here's a Bee Baa, board etched from RG Keen's layout on GEOfx. Sounds fantastic!

SO AWESOME! I love your enclosures so much
dminner

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:35 pm

I already commented on it, but I'd just like to reiterate that it's super dank. I love it too!
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:59 pm

Thanks dudes!
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby LaoWiz » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:59 pm

Thanks dudes!
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby purpleshoes » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:03 am

I built a Wolf Computer from EATYOURGUITAR's modified schematic. he didn't have any pcbs left so I did mine on perfboard. next time I'll use vero , there was a lot of stuff to troubleshoot and I hate trying to solder down component legs as circuit tracks!

it sounds pretty crazy. always wanted to hear one of these things after reading about them so much on here over the years. this one's for a friend but I'll have to build another sometime for myself!

purpleshoes

interested
interested

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Effects