Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:22 pm

hj-003 (2).jpg

hj-005 (2).jpg

...got pretty bored today, monotron & monotron delay into tea box.....fuck yeah. :joy: :omg: :!!!: :idea:

almost done few little things so batteries dont scatter and boards somwhat secured...their going into each other...touch pads on some nice foam...banana jack to out wAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :success:
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:07 pm

n 002-iloveimg-resized.jpg

its gettin crazy round here tonight! :picard:
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:00 pm

comesect2.0 wrote:
n 002-iloveimg-resized.jpg

its gettin crazy round here tonight! :picard:

That is awesome, are any of the original guts at play?
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby comesect2.0 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:30 pm

gutted the panasonic, its just two passive racks, an attenuator and a passive ring...the tea box synth is basically all the original guts but i added a 1/4 out via banana clips. gonna go by frys today and try to return that gun. lol.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:53 pm

Sorry for the humongous pics! Was able to make my second pedal of 2016 just before New Years Eve. After making a couple of Harmonic Percolator boards and loving how beautiful it sounds I really wanted to dust off one of these Superfuzz style steel enclosures and put the footswitch up high like a Superfuzz. Have done this before with a Dizzytone and an Earthsound Graphic Fuzz but both of those aren't inoperable and I love that enclosure.

BUT, I forgot how awful they are to etch. Late one night in the garage I etched it for about twenty minutes, once done I rinsed and scrubbed off the toner. Saddened by the lack of etch depth, I knew there wasn't enough room for the paint so I clearcoated it knowing it would be not what I had been planning. The next day I couldn't take it and decided to sand it down. Etched it again for about an hour and got some more depth, just enough for some paint. After letting the paint dry, I carefully started to wetsand with a block and started losing in some places. I then took some sand paper the ended up wet sanding the rest with two fingers. It was nerve racking but came out better and then I added more paint to the areas where I lost too much. So, it ended up coming out better but really don't think I can etch that enclosure again.

Other than wiring the pots backwards, the thing is alive. Pretty much fascinated with the HP at the moment and being reading all the old diystomp threads. For the germanium transistor, I have a good amount of random PNPs with short leads from an estate sale that I basically thought were garbage. I ended up testing about 15 of them in this one and they all sounded pretty fucking good. That said, it would be nice to build up a few in easier etched aluminum enclosures and put em in my deceased Shark Tank but I'm sure life won't let me. If you guys haven't built this one, do it!

LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby TheTransient » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:35 am

^ thats sexy as fuck

My latest is just a Soda Meiser without the chaos switch:
TheTransient

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:22 am

:whoa: This fuckin' page. :whoa: :love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby cloudscapes » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:11 pm

Happy new years!

A vibrato I got far ahead on half a year ago but only got around to painting it now.

PT2399 modulated delay line with microcontroller. Several LFO shapes with smooth blending between each-one. Also a dedicated knob to blend in eather high or low frequency random variation, depending on which direction from center you turn the knob. Depth, speed and mix knobs are self-explanatory. Also relay bypass switch and tap tempo.

A couple hidden features! If I hold down the tap switch for more than a second, I can "trim" a sort of skew into the LFO using the random knob. Also by holding down the bypass switch for more than a second, I can "draw out" a custom LFO using the shape knob by twisting it for up to a few seconds. It sort of records that knob twisting and plays it back as a new LFO. Speed and depth work with it as normal, and it resets to the normal default LFO shapes if I twist the shape knob again for more than a few degrees (to prevent accidental erasure by knocking the knob). The "reset" is still a bit buggy, I have to fine tweak the code.

Color is a bit too yellow. Was going for more of a moon/bone color.

Got a partial build log over here:
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/i ... msg1062277
cloudscapes

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:16 pm

Chankgeez wrote: :whoa: This fuckin' page. :whoa: :love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby cherler » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:18 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
Chankgeez wrote: :whoa: This fuckin' page. :whoa: :love:

Yeah holy fuck
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby Strange Tales » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:22 pm

Phenomenal work as always, especially the art. Your drawings are awesome.

How slow/fast does that speed knob get?
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cloudscapes » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:25 pm

Strange Tales wrote:Phenomenal work as always, especially the art. Your drawings are awesome.

Thanks!

From a couple seconds at the slowest for a full cycle, to nearly ringmod rate. Got a non-demo here, it's old, from an earlier prototype.

cloudscapes

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cherler » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:28 pm

So do you have the uC controlling the delay chip? Like a digital pot or an LDR?
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby cloudscapes » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:31 pm

cherler wrote:So do you have the uC controlling the delay chip? Like a digital pot or an LDR?

Just a couple of transistors. I based that section of the uC->delay chip modulation from this:

http://www.valvewizard.co.uk/jennygreenteethschem.jpg

The couple of transistors and passives did fine. (with a few tweaks)
cloudscapes

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:32 pm

cloudscapes wrote:
Strange Tales wrote:Phenomenal work as always, especially the art. Your drawings are awesome.

Thanks!

From a couple seconds at the slowest for a full cycle, to nearly ringmod rate. Got a non-demo here, it's old, from an earlier prototype.

Man that's awesome. It'd be cool to hear that heartbeat shape if you could time the start of the peak wave with the ping of a vactrol. Or maybe that's just in my head it sounds cool. Ringmod rate vibrato is really cool as well.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Effects