pedalenclosures.com Enclosure Review

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

pedalenclosures.com Enclosure Review

Postby FuzzHugger » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:39 pm

Hey guys, I just built in an enclosure from pedalenclosures.com for the first time.

They've got the same footprint as the 1590NS, but are taller (deeper inside) and slanted. They're also what the White Spider comes in!

I just sent a "review" email to LetsGoCoyote, but then I got the idea to post some thoughts for the DIYers on here.

Image Image

Overall, the enclosure was really nice to work in...roomier, since it's deeper. That made the top-mounted jacks easier to fit in and solder. It'd make a great enclosure for pedals with a loop, expression jack out, etc.

Some things to consider / things that are different:
While they've got the same footprint as the 1590NS, there's not quite as much horizontal/vertical layout room, due to thick walls and thicker screw post areas...still, overall, probably more room, cause they're deeper all around. And that's cool. Mostly, it feels roomier.

Random notes:
The walls are so thick that the jack nuts just screw in flush with the jack (not a problem, just different...imo, they look better like this anyway). Also, you've got to do the drilling layout on a slanted top, which requires some reworking.

Bottom line:They're much heavier and much thicker than standard Hammond type boxes. Infinitely more deluxe looking. I'm surprised more builders haven't started using them (kudos to Devi for doing so! :thumb:)...probably most builders don't want to spend the extra money. But I'd happily pay $8 extra dollars to have my pedal in one of these instead of a standard box.
I'd definitely reccomend them for projects where extra interior depth is needed...or if you just want a deluxe/solid look. :thumb: And Mike, the owner/creator, is a great guy!
FuzzHugger

Admin
Admin

Re: pedalenclosures.com Enclosure Review

Postby aen » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:29 am

Yeah, I'd really like to get these, but it is the extra cost problem. I don't want to raise prices on my dealers already. Maybe round July?

ouch, Id have to do new artwork too...
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hazelwould » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:56 pm

aen wrote:Yeah, I'd really like to get these, but it is the extra cost problem. I don't want to raise prices on my dealers already. Maybe round July?

ouch, Id have to do new artwork too...

Yea you should! These enclosures look fancy... :bob:

How's the "Hair of the Dog" coming along? I liked the demo I saw on youtube...
hazelwould

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aen » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:53 am

you mean the bits on the recording documentary thing?

Anyway, HOTDOG is done, I just have to stick it in a fancy box and get a demo shot!
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to DIY Effects