Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

Re: Let's see your finished DIY projects!

Postby digi2t » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:17 pm

Here's the future DEFX Calypso project, our take on the Spaceman Explorer phaser.

Since the original used a custom programmed chip for the LFO, we looked to Tom over at Electric Druid for an "off the shelf" upgrade. The StompLFO chip fit the bill here, and also upgrades the circuit as a whole. Instead of 5 waveforms and a expression pedal mode, the chip offers 8 waveforms, including a couple of different sample hold modes. We retained the expression pedal sweep, you simply turn the depth to zero, and the expression pedal manually sweeps the phaser. It also adds tap tempo, as well as a gate input for use with an external sync signal. A rate LED allows you to see what the big gun inside is doing. Like they say, more, is.... more! :thumb:

"Turn down the amp, strum harder." - PRR

http://www.deadendfx.com/
digi2t

experienced
experienced

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:38 pm

StompLFO is awesome. I have built a few projects with it. Nice work Dino
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:28 pm

Last couple pages. :love: :snax:
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#cultofGreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby imJonWain » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:37 pm

amazing work! Your assembly and board layouts are both works of art.
"Thats hella tight dude"
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby frodog » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:12 pm

Loving these hi-concept pieces! I think I sort of understand what cloudscapes' creation does.. definitely want, if not to own then just mire from afar.

I'm keepin it lowbrow with another pretty straight clone, this time the Basic Audio Zippy II. Weird and brassy as advertised, lovely actually. Fairchild MPS6513 transistors, some NOS caps.

First time using my new (mad cheap on sale) step drill bit and letter punch set. Footswitch hole slipped dangerously close to the edge, reminder to pre-drill. Could have fit doggystyle jacks maybe but went for the pedalboard un-friendly config. Used more of my Citadel wash on the bare enclosure, skipped the clearcoat so it will get scratched up, whatever. Might well build another and put it in a big box with a different flavor fuzz also.

zip_in.jpg

zip.jpg
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to DIY Effects