UC rehouses and paintjobs

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Forum rules
The DIY forum is for personal projects (things that are not for sale, not in production), info sharing, peer to peer assistance. No backdoor spamming (DIY posts that are actually advertisements for your business). No clones of in-production pedals. If you have concerns or questions, feel free to PM admin. Thanks so much!

UC rehouses and paintjobs

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:56 pm

Yeah. I'm sort of getting into this sort of stuff now (and still having to learn a lot from mistakes along the way!), so I thought I'd just keep pics of every new project in one thread. :)*

EQD Dispatch Master rehouse and mod

Paradox Fuzz-E-Cat Chank edition

Mooer Tender Octaver mkii

DOD Meatbox reissue

The plan is doing a couple every week until I run out of pedals. At some point I hope do be consistent and efficient enough to perhaps take on some projects for others, but each enclosure takes 3-5 days to make, mostly due to waiting for layers to dry, checking in every few hours to see that nothing is dripping too much and keeping my dogs at bay (curious little fuckers). Pair that with shipping fees and import taxes and it starts looking less and less like a lucrative business plan. That being said, I'm really enjoying this and hope to be able to do them even after I've run out of personal pedals. :lol:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: UC rehouses and paintjobs

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:02 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Paradox Fuzz-E-Cat Chank edition

How much to make all my pedals look like this? :love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:07 pm

Haha, when I read your purple sparkle Rainbow Machine thread I was like "I can make your RM purple and sparkle". :lol:

It wouldn't have that classic EQD design though, unless EQD could provide me with the print deisgn in digital form. I already tried copying Mellowtone's design for a Wolf Comp I'm doing for Eivind August, and that's a fairly straight-forward design, and it was a pain in the ass. :p

For the curious:
NSFW: show
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:59 pm

Careful now! This is how Acid Splash started. I shared some etches, next thing I knew people were hitting me up. :)

Awesome thread.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby frodog » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:34 pm

Sweet finishes! I love the colors, lookin forward to seeing them all together.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Thanks, peeps!

Next on the chopping block/canvas: BitQuest and/or TAFM! :omg:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:29 am

:thumb:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:34 pm

Are you using epoxy? I looked at Envirotex for a pretty robust finish. Curious about your process :)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:43 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:Are you using epoxy? I looked at Envirotex for a pretty robust finish. Curious about your process :)

There's a video:

Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:50 pm

:joy: :thumb:
Good looking out
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:30 am

Not the same style of finish (acrylic paint+clear coats), but I gave Eivind August's GB24 a LoZ Navi/toan fairy makeover. :lol:

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:22 am

I'm going to try this technique this weekend. I found a couple glow in the dark acrylics too so that may be fun ..

Lookin Good UC :)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:44 am

Glow in the dark! That should be rad! Looking forward to seeing it! :joy:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:41 pm

Yeah I got hot pink and purple.. we will see! I got the corruptor 3.0 board so I'll do a 1590B for that as a test run. I'll share it in my build thread.

In your video you allow the epoxy to run down the sides, and indicate that you want to clean the drips off for the first 24 hours or so. Does that come out pretty smooth on the bottom edge? I watched another video and the guy said he doesn't even do the sides. Which seems reckless to me ..
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:44 pm

I haven't had so sand anything down yet, but I could see how it might happen at some point if I forget to wipe off the drops every now and then. The edges are not 100% straight, but it's no problem screwing the back lid on and not having any major visual cracks. Worst case scenario you'd have to sand it down, but it's only plastic, so shouldn't take more than a minute of your time. I've seen that video you're referring to, and that guy mixes his epoxy way, waaaay too hard/fast and gets a more cloudy result on his finish, at least as far as I can remember. At least with the brand I'm using I'm mixing it extremely slow over a 4-5 minute period, folding the two components together, making sure I don't catch any air between the folds. I mean, the resin is undoubtedly the most important step, so why not take your time? :idk:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to DIY Effects