What are you listening to right now?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Postby Dandolin » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:41 pm

Haha--Tacocat--made me smile. And Chank :lol: :hug: Spent the rest of the afternoon listening to Mamaleek, cementing them in "where have you been all this time" status. Not surprisingly, I tend to gravitate to the later stuff, but I can dig the roots--that Scrapple was another :D moment....
Thank you!

Be interested to hear what you think about Cleric--the connection was more personal-timeline than musical; they're definitely more on a prog tip and nowhere near the in extremis eclecticism of Mamaleek, but I have been enjoying them as well....
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:07 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:06 pm

:)* psyched :)*

Last edited by Dandolin on Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:47 pm

Top fake-live album evar?
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:29 pm

Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:18 pm

"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:48 pm

@dandolin - Cleric album was very cool. Production was a tad too polished for me but I enjoyed the concepts and melodies behind it.
I’m a HUGE OH SEES fan so I’m also very excited to hear the new single.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:15 pm

Per Ugly Nora’s thread that I have re-appropriated, I am re-visiting the entire SKULL DISCO catalogue. Wasn’t THAT long ago and the world was such a different place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk2oubzk12M
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:36 pm

Chasing away the blues with some live Blue Snow.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:06 pm

$harkToootth wrote:@dandolin - Cleric album was very cool. Production was a tad too polished for me but I enjoyed the concepts and melodies behind it.

Noice! I agree with you about the production. I'm personally trying to resist the pull of polished production in my music, such as it is--one of the perils of liking jazzy/proggy/"complex" music styles is having to endure heavily processed production which tends to make music which is already a step away from the atavistic/elemental sound even less "human" and, for me, relatable....
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby imJonWain » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:46 pm

"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:39 am

Love that movie. :love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:55 am

Chankgeez wrote:Love that movie. :love:

Yeah so good. Such positive memories watching that on TV. It throws you off when you see how big a part Stephen Colbert was in it.
Dandolin wrote:
$harkToootth wrote:@dandolin - Cleric album was very cool. Production was a tad too polished for me but I enjoyed the concepts and melodies behind it.

Noice! I agree with you about the production. I'm personally trying to resist the pull of polished production in my music, such as it is--one of the perils of liking jazzy/proggy/"complex" music styles is having to endure heavily processed production which tends to make music which is already a step away from the atavistic/elemental sound even less "human" and, for me, relatable....

You know, the more I think about this album though, the more I like it. The testamate of an engaging album for me is if I want to re-listen to it while I mow the lawn. I will be listening to this this week :lol:
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:14 am

:lol: :thumb: :joy: I need to get my lawn-mowing earbud sitch in order. Any recs? :hug:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:19 am

Dandolin wrote::lol: :thumb: :joy: I need to get my lawn-mowing earbud sitch in order. Any recs? :hug:

I've been using DT-770s for years (literally years now). I have two pairs now. One for home use, and one for mowing lawns, outdoor work, travel. Mine are 32ohm cause (while I have a portable head phone amp), I find headphone amps cumbersome.

I "think" the advent of blu tooth headphone drove down the value of other head phones. The first time I bought DT-770s I paid $220. The second time $180. I noticed that those Sony headphones everybody loves went down from $150 to like $80 to (which is a steal).

EDIT/FOOTNOTE: That said, I've had AKGs and Audio Technicas.... I love both brands. The DT''s are just the panzerfaust of headphones for me. I would probably still use this one Audio Technica model but the wire broke, and I didn't know better at the time, and I wanted to try something new so I got the DT's. I have a backup pair of AKGs somewhere (this isn't like my pedal collection, I only have three pairs of head phones :lol: ). My only beef with them is my own fault. I bought an Open design instead of Isolated. They're wonderful though, and should use them more.
Last edited by $harkToootth on Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Music